• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rims

I bought some of the new MEG's well polish just wondering if i should use it on chrome plated rims. It says Aluminum and mags. Thanks Ryan

Re: Rims

What product did you get?

The Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum Polish?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Meguiars mag and alumanum polish. Got it at AutoZone.

Comment

No, use Meguiars Chrome Polish for chrome. It's more gentle than an Aluminum type polish. You can get it at Autodetailingsolutions.com
        Matt

Comment

I am not sure if a chrome product is more gentle....
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
            It's more gentle than an Aluminum type polish.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I've never been able to get the Meguiar's chrome polish here. It would certainly be the proper product for the job.
              I have used The Hot Rims Mag & Aluminium polish over chrome and it cleans it up. So I don't think you'll have any bother.
              NXT All Metal polish is good stuff aswell,if you can't fine the Meguiar's chrome polish.

Comment

I have used the mag and aluminum on chrome doesnt seem to bother it at all and works great. I also picked up the chrome polish at OReilys auto goes on and off real easy, and dried a little faster. I dont really know which one gives the better shine never tested them side by side but both shine really well. Also get a power ball that attaches into the end of a drill that works really good, and way less tiring

Comment

Works great on chrome. Go for it!

Comment

Thanks alot for the info ya'll. I cant wait to try it out as soon as it stops raining here.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');