• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain X Windshield ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rain X Windshield ??

One of my local parts stores actually started carrying it. Usually automotive glass places will have it too, since PPG is the maker of it, and automotive glass. It's like $10 in the store. The local glass place here charges like $20 for it, and that's for the Aquapel itself and them applying it correctly for you.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
      I always see you mention using water. That's why I did it that way this time. The rain is supposed to pick up again tomorrow night or Monday morning at the latest. We shall see!
      It has certainly worked for me across several makes and models of car/wipers (mine, family, friends), so I think that is the best it can be applied. After that, you're on your own....
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Heh, thanks Murr!

Comment

It's pretty straight forward to use and I can't think of any cons. One thing you will notice is after applying there seems to be a light haze. A quick wiper with a clean damp cloth removes it and you're good to go.
          BobbyG

Comment

Originally posted by philming View Post
            OK What I noticed for now with RainX is as ong as it rains it's great. Now If I engadge the whipers while it's dry, to remove dust i.e., I get a big long line of whatever if it on the windshield, right where the right wiper stops in "high" position, right in the field of view, along the entire length of the whiper...
            I'm wondering what a coat of UQW on top of RainX would do...
            I have noticed this too with rain-x...there are times when you have to use your wipers (like in a misty rain and when you're driving around town and are not going really fast), and when I do, I tend to get a lot of streaking on the windshield. I notice it especially at night with the oncoming headlights. It just looks like my whole windshield is smeared or something. And yes, the product gets stuck or something in a line on the 'shield when I use the wipers. Of course I clayed and cleanerd the glass throughly before applying it, so this is not because of any contamination on the glass itself. Does anyone else have the problem of heavy smearing with rain-x on the 'shield?

Comment

Rain x windshield wax.

Best product for glass on the market .The trick is you will fight to remove the first coat after it chalks over.However if you apply a second thinner coat it comes off with almost no effort and leaves the glass unbelievably clear and protected .I am always able to get 4 to 6 months of protection and can travel at highway speeds with very little wiper use even in in the heavyest of rains.

Comment

I love the rain x glass cleaner it cleans windows great and water glides right off and alot easier than waxing the windows

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');