• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain X Windshield ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rain X Windshield ??

The Rain X Glass Cleaner? I love that stuff. Works very well for me.

Comment

Can you please tell me how you apply it?

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        No real cons.... just dont follow the directions.

Put it on, let it sit, then wipe off with a damp towel, then a dry towel.
        Hi, i just bought Rain-X in spray, and I'm hesitating on how to apply it, so the way you say is: spray the window, let it sit, then wipe off with a damp (with water i guess? or rain-x) towel, then with a dry towel.

My idea on how to apply is:
        - a section at a time, spray on window, spray on terry towel and distribute evenly like wax,
        - let it sit (5-10 minutes or less?)
        - then wipe off with a towel with very little water
        - final wipe off with a dry towel

What do you think?

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by JLMex View Post
          Hi, i just bought Rain-X in spray, and I'm hesitating on how to apply it, so the way you say is: spray the window, let it sit, then wipe off with a damp (with water i guess? or rain-x) towel, then with a dry towel.

My idea on how to apply is:
          - a section at a time, spray on window, spray on terry towel and distribute evenly like wax,
          - let it sit (5-10 minutes or less?)
          - then wipe off with a towel with very little water
          - final wipe off with a dry towel

What do you think?

Thanks!!
          Well, of course clay/clean the windows first.

I apply two coats, so I'll explain it that way. But if you prefer one coat, then just jump to the second removal part. So what I do is:

1. Spray RainX on paper towel, and apply to all the windows. (You want to learn to spray most things onto a cloth, not the car/surface)
          2. Let it sit for a bit.
          3. Give a very rough wipe with a MF towel. Not really worrying about removal.
          4. Spray RainX on paper towel, and apply to all windows.
          5. Let sit for a bit.
          6. Get the above MF cloth fairly wet (not dripping, but not just a little damp, and yeah, water), and then a dry MF. Wipe the window good with the wet one, then the dry one.

Hope that explains it well.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I thought the 2 in 1 stuff was just some sort of window cleaner, like the Meg stuff...
            It's actualy the same as the "normal" RainX but in a spray?

Comment

There is an Original RainX Spray, and a 2-in-1 RainX Cleaner/Treatment.

Comment

And the 2 in 1 is applied like you say? It's not so clear when reading the label...
                Anyway, as for window CLEANER goes, Megs stuff is WAY easier to use...

Comment

The directions I gave were how I apply the spray version of the original treatment.

I have tried the RainX 2 in 1, and it seemed for me to need applied the same way. Which to me, kind of defeats the purpose. If I have to do a bit of a process, may as well do the full treatment.

Comment

Is it OK to add a coat of UQW on top of RainX? If only Meg could have us a RainX like product, we wouldn't be afraid to mix brands...

Comment

Probably not, but you can do a small spot and test it out. Shouldn't be mixing systems since they can contain lots of variables - they may play nice together or differ vastly.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                        The directions I gave were how I apply the spray version of the original treatment.

I have tried the RainX 2 in 1, and it seemed for me to need applied the same way. Which to me, kind of defeats the purpose. If I have to do a bit of a process, may as well do the full treatment.
                        Yes, I was talking about the original treatment spray version as well. I saw the other bottle 2-1 and read the label, but it seemed to me more like just a glass cleaner, so I decided to buy only the original treatment.

Thanks for providing the steps on how you apply it, I'll give it a try this weekend with daylight, I tried last night just in the rear side window (you know, test spot first) and apparently it worked, the surface feels soooo smooth and clearer than ever, let's see how it goes for the rest of the windows and the windshield. I'm looking forward to it, because Seattle area is back to it's normal rainy weather

Comment

Originally posted by philming View Post
                          Is it OK to add a coat of UQW on top of RainX? If only Meg could have us a RainX like product, we wouldn't be afraid to mix brands...
                          Yeah, I RainX once in a while, and UQD/UQW with the rest of the car after I wash.

Do get a little smearing at times from that, but nothing bad.

Comment

you mean you UQW on to of Rain X, on the windshield?

Comment

Yeah.

Say I clay/clean/RainX the window every two months.

Then, for the in between washes every 2 weeks, I just wash the car, and then UQD or UQW everything.

Comment

Originally posted by philming View Post
                                Can you please tell me how you apply it?
                                Spray it on the window and wipe it off with a towel. It's just a glass cleaner.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');