• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road paint spinoff on car paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road paint spinoff on car paint

So you know how people spray the lines on the road, but don;t tell you when they are completely dry? Well that happened to a car i'm working on. it has been there for a few years and I don;t know what to try. It is indeed on the paint and it seems pretty heavy duty. What should I use to get it off?
    A Pontiac is a Chevy with better trim.

Re: Road paint spinoff on car paint

You should give clay a try, but it will probably take a while of working at it to get rid of the paint that sprayed up. My truck had some paint sprayed up from the wheels (it was from the previous owner so I'm not sure how it got there), and even though it wasn't much, it took me around an hour to get it off. It's slow work but if you keep at it, it should come off.

Have you clayed before?
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

yes. I clay all of my customers cars.
      A Pontiac is a Chevy with better trim.

Comment

A co-worker used Goof-Off and lots of rubbing.

Left swirls everywhere of course, but he didnt care about that. But would have been mostly fixable.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');