• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate Protectant

APC can dry out some vinyl and plastic.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
      Not sure just how "much" UV protection 303 has (or just how a consumer would measure it) but UP is highly loaded with UV blockers. Don't get us wrong, we know 303 to be an excellent water based product with a very loyal following - and rightfully so. But looking at the polymers in UP, and how they behave, compared to a typical water based dressing and the protection lasts a crazy long time as well.
      303 does have a great following and I have used it for years....until UP. To me, the big differences are the labor factor and streaking. 303 requires lots and lots of wiping to get it near dry but still streaks for me. UP...wipe on and work it in a bit....done!!
      Barry

Comment

can i use quik interior detailer to clean my dash and then apply ultimate protectant over that? or is that overkill if my dash isn't "dirty"
        2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 SR5 - Black Sand Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by music_man185 View Post
          can i use quik interior detailer to clean my dash and then apply ultimate protectant over that? or is that overkill if my dash isn't "dirty"
          QID I don't believe is intended to be a cleaner. Also, if you use if before using UP, the UP will not properly bond to the surface you are putting it on. Your best bet is to clean any previously used product from the dash then apply UP.
          Barry

Comment

Originally posted by music_man185 View Post
            I personally am pleased with the protection and appearance of QID in the interior. I use it on everything including the leather, vinyl and even the LCD panel and gauges. I occasionally use UP on the exterior but have taken to just using UQW over everything on the exterior, vinyl and glass included. I'm not sure I need UP anymore.

And Poki, QID is a also cleaner.
            The fastest way to clean all interior surfaces. Use every time you wash or Quik Detail your paint to give your interior that “just detailed” look. In just 5 additional minutes, your entire interior will look sharp and smell fresh. Quickly and easily maintains the look and feel of interior plastics, vinyl, leather, rubber, metal and even audio/video equipment. The safe, high lubricity formula lifts off dust, ashes, dirt, grime, spills and fingerprints without build-up. And, unlike traditional protectants that leave an artificial greasy feeling, Quik Interior Detailer leaves your interior™ surfaces looking natural and revitalized. Simply spray on, spread evenly with an Ultra Plush Super Terry or Supreme Shine® Microfiber and turn to a dry section of the towel for the final wipe off.
            Basically, it is a cleaner with UVA/UVB protection.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

is ultimate protectant safe on paint if i accidentally get some on while applying to exterior trim? i would of course wipe it off immediately, but would that be good enough? or would i need to pull out some UQD or something to fully remove it?
              2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 SR5 - Black Sand Pearl

Comment

You'll be fine unless maybe you let it dry on there, then it might be a PIA to remove. I usually go along and wipe the edges of the trim that meet the paint after i'm done. You could certainly use a QD you want.
                2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

Hi, can I use this product on my tires too?

Comment

I think it says for rubber and vinyl, but not sure why you would as there are probably better products for tires. Because of the size of the bottle you probably would be going thru it quite fast for tire use.

Meguiars makes a whole bunch of tire products that are probably better suited.
                    2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by alexh View Post
                      Hi, can I use this product on my tires too?
                      You can but it's not all that suited to tires, due to the amount of flex/movement in a tire sidewall. It has been done with some success...
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');