• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate Protectant

Originally posted by 79elcamino View Post
    i have the same problem, mike said the surface might not have been cleaned good enough and/or it was to cold out when u applied it, since then i have bought #39 to clean all my trim but i havent had the chance to clean the trim and re-apply UP because my car has been in the audio shop for a month now getting my stereo re-done, when i get a chance to clean and reapply UP i will post my results.
    Good point about the cold. It was a warm 45 F for the winter. Cold is relative though.

I will try again when it's warmer. And i'll use IPA to clean it after a wash.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonballz View Post
      Doesnt last any longer than Mother's Back to Black from my experience.

I applied it to a ONR-cleaned plastic windshield cowl. 2 days later, it rained for 2 days straight and the cowl is white again.

What am I doing wrong?
      Mothers B2B is one of the best plastic *restoration* products available. It not only dresses, but restores the plastic over multiple applications. Once restored, you need to use a dressing, like UP.

Don't mix-up the two products. One restores and dresses, the other just dresses.

It won't be a fair assessment if you apply a dressing (UP) on an un-restored plastic.
      Paul Marmarinos
      Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
      "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
        Mothers B2B is one of the best plastic *restoration* products available. It not only dresses, but restores the plastic over multiple applications. Once restored, you need to use a dressing, like UP.

Don't mix-up the two products. One restores and dresses, the other just dresses.

It won't be a fair assessment if you apply a dressing (UP) on an un-restored plastic.
        I have to agree with you. Mothers B2B is one of the best plastic restoration. I still have 1/4 of a bottle, however, I start using GC Trim Detailer. Trim Detailer is produced shinier finish (sometimes oily), however, I wipe it off, just a bit, to get the finish I like.

Comment

I haven't been on here in a while so I just now started reading the Lab Sample P reviews and it looks like I'm going to have to buy another Meguiar's product.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post

I think you may be mistaken. UP says directly on its label that it is a trim restoration product. The fact that it dries to the touch and lasts as long as it does may also indicate that it is a restoration product more than a simple dressing.

Huzzah! I finally located and purchased a bottle of UP, I was extremely tempted to pick up most of the other products but I have to use out my tin of Gold Class before I buy another, I've already got one new and one old QID (unopened), I have to use out my 64ozer of NXT wash and gallon of GC first and with M105/205, I don't really need the compounds.
            James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
            Calais Auto Detailing
            CalaisDetails@aim.com
            www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I finally have it on my local store, PepBoys. UP is $9.49 each. Have anyone seen this in WalMart yet? If they are available in WalMart, they are usually a couple of dollars less. For example, NXT TechWax 2.0 it retailed for $17.99, however in WalMart they sell it for $15.49 in my area.

Comment

I wanted to get one, however, I still have three bottles of GC Trim Detailer.

Comment

Since my question has gone unanswered, I'll ask anyone who has used both Gold Class Trim Detailer and new Ultimate Protectant on exterior trim.

Which did you prefer for exterior trim?

Comment

Originally posted by 86Pacer View Post
                    Since my question has gone unanswered, I'll ask anyone who has used both Gold Class Trim Detailer and new Ultimate Protectant on exterior trim.

Which did you prefer for exterior trim?
                    Ultimate Protectant. But GC Trim Detailer is pretty good too.
                    Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                      Ultimate Protectant. But GC Trim Detailer is pretty good too.

I'll try Ultimate Protectant once I run out of Gold Class Trim Detailer.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Pacer View Post

I'll try Ultimate Protectant once I run out of Gold Class Trim Detailer.
                        I was going to do the same but I think I heard someone say GC Trim Detailer is good to have for something or another. Darn wish I could remember. I think maybe it cleans or restores better?

Comment

What is the difference between this product and Mother's Back to Black? I heard Mother's B2B is very effective in restoring faded trim pieces and is rated to be the ideal choice by many people.

Comment

See my post above.
                            Paul Marmarinos
                            Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                            "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

So i guess ultimately they're the same thing...?
                              Since from the pictures posted in the Lab Sample P threads, UP had a restoration effect as well. In this case I think I'm gonna have to go with Mothers Back to Black seeing as how the previous member says it lasts longer than UP, and UP gets washed up in rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Boba View Post
                                So i guess ultimately they're the same thing...?
                                Since from the pictures posted in the Lab Sample P threads, UP had a restoration effect as well. In this case I think I'm gonna have to go with Mothers Back to Black seeing as how the previous member says it lasts longer than UP, and UP gets washed up in rain.
                                I don't know, Mike Penningtion gave us anecdote about an individual putting it on his bumper before "Lab Sample P" was even distributed and people where shocked by how long it lasted and demanded to know what it was. Obviously his hands were tied and he couldn't tell what the mystery product was, but it apparently restored the bumper for more than a month through rain and shine!

I can't wait to use UP on the dry and weathered 31 year old trim on my Oldsmobile.
                                James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                                Calais Auto Detailing
                                CalaisDetails@aim.com
                                www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');