• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wash & Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Wash & Wax

The local Walmart has it in stock, but they discontinued the original Gold Class shampoo in favor of Amour All (which appears to be a copycat of GC).
    r. b.

Comment

Well after using this a little more, I have to say it's okay for a maintenance wash where the car isn't real or remotely dirty, but doesn't work well where the car is more than that. I prefer the gold class wash overall, but still not a bad product.

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
        Well after using this a little more, I have to say it's okay for a maintenance wash where the car isn't real or remotely dirty, but doesn't work well where the car is more than that. I prefer the gold class wash overall, but still not a bad product.

I thought it handled dirt and grime really good actually. Seems to have decent cleaning power IMO.

I use it to maintain work trucks that I have sealed a couple months ago and its perfect.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I don't know if anyone mentioned, Wally World might have a $5 rebate coupon. The one in Coralville, Iowa did (does). The coupon comes off easily, but it should be around the neck of the bottle. Make sure to grab one with the coupon still intact.

I'm going to try it on my wife's car after the rain stops sometime today. It was waxed a week ago with NXT Tech.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          David

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post

I happen to agree with you. My UWAW does clean just enough and properly when my car is not dirty. Whenever it's dirty I have to go with my NXT.

Comment

How long did it take you guys to get the $5 rebate via mail?

Comment

Originally posted by DaniloSilni View Post
                I happen to agree with you. My UWAW does clean just enough and properly when my car is not dirty. Whenever it's dirty I have to go with my NXT.
                I agree too. It's not a bad product...just average. Seems to have less suds than NXT wash. I might get another one when my first bottle runs out...not sure...but it would just be to use as a change of pace.

What UWAW has going for it is the packaging, unique look and unique smell. I didn't see anything different because of the "wax" contained in it.

Also, I swear it dries out faster when you are actually still washing the car. Seems like by the time I finish applying it to the entire car...about 40% of the car is near dry in places when I look back to where I started.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowDreamSVT_71 View Post
                  Also, I swear it dries out faster when you are actually still washing the car. Seems like by the time I finish applying it to the entire car...about 40% of the car is near dry in places when I look back to where I started.
                  Have you thought about rinsing each section as you go?

That's what I always do - UWAW or not...
                  Originally posted by Blueline
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                    Have you thought about rinsing each section as you go? That's what I always do - UWAW or not...
                    I primarily go to the coin-op car wash. So that's not really practical for me.

The drying thing was just a observation that seemed to occur for me - I didn't recall having the same thing happen in my time in using NXT Wash.

Comment

• Re: Ultimate Wash & Wax

I just got my first bottle of the stuff, I cannot find it locally so going through Autogeek and I am ready to try it out!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackScreaminMachine View Post
                        I just got my first bottle of the stuff, I cannot find it locally so going through Autogeek and I am ready to try it out!!
                        You'll love it! The smell, the richness, and the SUDS. It's all there. At the end, you'll be amazed on how it leaves your paint glossy. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                          You'll love it! The smell, the richness, and the SUDS. It's all there. At the end, you'll be amazed on how it leaves your paint glossy. Enjoy!
                          Most of all..the smell...it's almost intoxicating. Meguiars did a great job in combing all the senses in regards to the Ultimate wash & wax. The smell, the look, the packing, the innovative concept, etc.

While I'm not knocked over by any wild results of using the product - brand loyality and uniqueness will probably have me buy another bottle at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                            Your right. I got to use the stuff on my Trans Am, Buick Century and My Wife's HHR and all worked awesome!

I think I will still hit them with Ult Quick Wax as its not a horrible step for a Booster but if crunched for time (which I was) it worked out great for a stand alone product.

The water was sheeting immediately upon rinsing.

The first bucket I think I have too much water per solution and did not have too many suds, then I changed it up a bit and like said, never ending suds. I was very happy!

Comment

Sometimes, I use it as an air freshner. LOL.

Comment

I think the inside of my wash bucket that I always use for suds has a coating of wax thanks to this, it beads up! (my rinse bucket doesnt) I also like how it keeps the layer of Collinite 476s on my wheels fresh despite the heat and brakedust that it suffers, they all still bead months after aplication with repeated UW&W use. I also haven't needed to use anything stronger than wash solution on them since the Collinite/UW&W regmine has begun. I also haven't had to use a traditional wax in quite some time as I reguarly wash my car, often with UW&W, and occasionally treat it with UQW or Griots spray wax.

I think its going to get the Pinnacle Sovereign, M16, GC+ or Poli-Seal treatment tomorrow. I'm leaning towards Poli-Seal because of its cleaning ability; though it really does need a carnauba topper because slickness and beading leave something be desired. I would give it a ~3 cut (though its a chemical cleaner) and it does offer good protection, just not water beading and slickness like most LSP's we are used to.
                                James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                                Calais Auto Detailing
                                CalaisDetails@aim.com
                                www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');