• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does it seem like nobody post anything here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does it seem like nobody post anything here

i just dont get it do you guys not care about how your motor looks or what i mean it really is about the most important part of your vehicle. without it your vehicles just a pile of scrapmetal. You guys need to start posting stuff here makes me think your running around with dirty motors

Engine detailing tends to scare people a little bit, I know it does me, especially when working on new cars. Older cars are simple and fairly easy to clean, also if you make a mistake on an older car it probably will not cost a lot to repair. A good example is my own 1973 K5 Blazer. The most complex component in the engine compartment is the distributor. Cover this and the air cleaner really well and there's really not too much more you can hurt.

New cars, truck and s.u.v.'s are dramatically more complex. When I open the hood of my 04 Honda Pilot, I can't even see the engine to start with.

In the future, we hope to bring more information for cleaning and dressing engine compartments so you do bring up a good and interesting topic.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Heck i never cover up a single thing when i clean off my motor off course i dont direct it right at the intake or sensor or stuff like that but most cars have good enough connections that wont let water in.

Comment

Personally I think that a detailed engine is just as important, if not more, than the reast of the car. It says a lot about the owner. At this moment I am participating in the Long Island Custom Car SHow and you would be amazed at how many dirty neglected engines there are. You see clean shiny exteriors, clean interiors, lots of chrome and flames and doo-dads and then look at the engine and you would not believe how filty some of them are.

A detailed engine makes the whole car!
        Leo

Comment

That looks very nice. I give you credit and quite personally im more affraid to work on the exterior of the vehicle than on the motor. By the way just a ? but is that black spray paint on your firewall by what appears to look like the cruise control vacumm. if im wrong dont burn me on this im not use to that car, but looks goodany ways.

Comment

Here's the engine in my 5 year old WS6...

2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
            Bright Silver Metallic / Ebony Interior
            ASC# 1,575
            406 rwhp 392 rwtrq

Comment

How's this...Not bad for 36 years old huh....

Comment

I'll have to admit, I've never given much thought to detailing engines, but I do like to give them a high pressure wash a few times a year.....Just to help keep the crud from building up and acting as an insulator of heat.

It's a good idea to wash the lawn mower engine too, as the cooling fins can build up with enough dirt to cause overheating problems.

One question though.......How do you guys manage to get into all of those crooks & crannys? Looks like it would take all day just to detail some car's engines!
                r. b.

Comment

Hot damm! thats sweet looking whatd you do pull the motor on that thing just to paint the block and everything else. Oh and the way i get my motor clean is I have a steam cleaning pressure washer god its sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepZJlover
                    ...By the way just a ? but is that black spray paint on your firewall by what appears to look like the cruise control vacumm...
                    No, it was some overspray from a rubber sealant, but it is gone now.
                    Leo

Comment

DAYM! Those are some fine looking engines guys! I have to agree with Rusty Bumper, how do you get into those tight areas???

Last time I cleaned the engine on my truck it had some rough idle issues but then again it was also my first time so..... but eventually the rough idle went away within a couple minutes of idle. I've learned that a clean engine both inside and out is a healthy engine,,,,,,AR

Comment

Once again my thread is dying looks like engine detailing just aint important to people. You guys must be the only ones outthere with clean motors

Comment

Here is my detailed engine... I have never had a problem with detailing my engines, always have always will. Just have to be careful. I will say my 1994 Olds cutlass Supreme. (loved the car) was VERY sensitive to water/moisture in the engine compartment so I do know you have to be careful or you will end up sitting in the middle of the road with a dead car (let it dry before you go anywhere). Once it dired out ran like a champ again!

I used CD2 Engine Detailer, man does that stuff last and work well! Not sure that I would use it again, its solvent based don't think its the best to use time after time. So I am looking for another product.

I know when I use to take my vehicle in to get it serviced it drove me nuts when they spilled oil or got finger prints all over in the engine compartment. Thats one reason why I now change my oil myself.
                          Last edited by gb387; Dec 3, 2004, 03:08 PM.
                          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by Airborne Ranger
                            ...I have to agree with Rusty Bumper, how do you get into those tight areas???...
                            Wanna know what I do? I use a WaterPik! That little sucker is like a high pressure water blaster for those little nooks and crannies. You can get a basic unit for less than $30 at most discount stores and it's worth every penny. They even have a cordless one now which shoukd really be handy.
                            Leo

Comment

Originally posted by DFTowel
                              Wanna know what I do? I use a WaterPik! That little sucker is like a high pressure water blaster for those little nooks and crannies. You can get a basic unit for less than $30 at most discount stores and it's worth every penny. They even have a cordless one now which shoukd really be handy.
                              Just when you think you have heard of everything!
                              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');