• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use "EVEN COAT Applicator" for liquid wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use "EVEN COAT Applicator" for liquid wax?

Original thread:

Post #2:
    Originally posted by Newport Viper View Post
    I really love the even coat applicator. The last detail day, I went over the car with NXT liquid wax. The even coat applicator is so much better then the small foam pads. Fingers don't cramp. Application is much quicker!

I give it a big.
    Hi everybody, I am planning on ordering some supplies from ADS including some Even Coat Applicators for NXT and M26 liquid waxes.

This is the only post I could find mentioning using the Even Coat Applicator with a liquid wax, so I still have doubts.

Sure would appreciate some experienced feedback before I put any more scratches in my ancient paint. Trying to ensure coverage without a second pass. 22 year old paint is pretty delicate. Thank you.
    Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
    by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Re: Anyone use "EVEN COAT Applicator" for liquid wax?

i love using the even coat pads when applying my nxt 2.0, i like the fact that they are bigger then the foam pads and i find it easier to work with. i also use them to apply m07.

Comment

Yes they are excellent. They are more firm than the foam ones, great for easy application. Buy tons of them.
      Matt

Comment

I have a few of those Even Coat Applicators and use them a lot. Don't drop them though or you'll be sitting on the couch with tweezers pulling every bit of junk out of them.

I use them mostly for my dressings (not Italian or Thousand Island though.....) and they spread out great.

I also use them for my UQW and I do use them for waxes as well.

They work great and seem to spread the product as they are called, evenly.

Buy a bunch of them and they clean up easy and very durable even after several washings.
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
          I have a few of those ...Don't drop them though or you'll be sitting on the couch with tweezers. I use them mostly for my dressings ...and they spread out great. I also use them for my UQW ,... waxes. They ...clean up easy and very durable.
          I am going to give them a try. (But not go nuts on buying.)
          However, when I drop my salad, I follow the 10 second rule. Same here?

I will member the tweezer tip.

Originally posted by 79elcamino View Post
          i love using the pads when applying my nxt, ...they are bigger then the foam pads, ...easier to work with...use them to apply m07.
          I use M07 too. Thanks. (M07, NXT, M26) Might go with M21 for added oils to old paint.) What do you prime them with?

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
          Yes they are excellent. Buy tons of them.
          Going to go with a few at first as I tend to over-buy and then not use th product: MADD (Megs Attention Detailing Deficit)

Thanks to you guys for the help.
          by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

what do u mean prime them with??

Comment

what do u mean prime them with??
              I believe I read here that if you are applying a spray wax with a m/f you want to dampen(prime) it with the wax so that the m/f doesn't absorb the product and you are not "fighting" yourself.

Don't recall hearing the same advice with regard to regular LSP's. Gulp!
              by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

Much like with a foam applicator, you will likely find that your first "loading" of the applicator with wax wont go as far as the 3rd or 4th loading.

But that kind of is the priming part I guess.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                  Much like with a foam applicator, you will likely find that your first "loading" of the applicator with wax wont go as far as the 3rd or 4th loading.

But that kind of is the priming part I guess.
                  Thanks.... no need to prime.
                  by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

you dont have to prime

Comment

you dont have to prime
                      Thanks for setting me straight. I am still learning.
                      by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');