• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a pre-wash rinsing aid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a pre-wash rinsing aid

the other day i was thinking of an idea which could significantly make our detailers lifes easier..

my idea was of a strong pre wash rinsing aid, which could come in a dispenser bottle and connect to the hose pipe in a way that the product is released with the hose water to remove even more grime, dirt etc whilst pre rinsing the entire auto.before the wash mitt actually comes in contact with the paint, TO TOTALLY ELIMINATE THEM NASTY WASH INFLICTED SWIRLS..

imagine what a relief that could be, a product doing the hard work for you. and you are totally saved from creating scratches or swirls, this would be a dream product for me, as it would make my life a LOT easier...

Re: a pre-wash rinsing aid

A foam gun?

Comment

Sounds like something which would strip wax, which is probably why it is not available.

It's the old catch 22... if it is a chemical and strong enough to remove most dirt and grime, it is probably strong enough to remove all protection.
      ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron500 View Post
        the other day i was thinking of an idea which could significantly make our detailers lifes easier..

my idea was of a strong pre wash rinsing aid, which could come in a dispenser bottle and connect to the hose pipe in a way that the product is released with the hose water to remove even more grime, dirt etc whilst pre rinsing the entire auto.before the wash mitt actually comes in contact with the paint, TO TOTALLY ELIMINATE THEM NASTY WASH INFLICTED SWIRLS..

imagine what a relief that could be, a product doing the hard work for you. and you are totally saved from creating scratches or swirls, this would be a dream product for me, as it would make my life a LOT easier...
        That's why I use a foam gun. You can pre-soak and use it while you wash (using it only as a pre-soak defeats the purpose of it all together IMO). The nice thing is you spray each panel with the foam gun and then use your wash media in conjunction with it, which gives you consistent lubrication with each pass.

Foam Gun Demo

Comment

I love my foam gun....

But it probably wouldnt be hard to design an "end of hose" spay bottle ,that you screw on the hose (or quick connect). They make those insect and fertilizer bottles like that, just put car wash soap in, and put the foaming style nozzle on it.

Then they can sell the Gold Class foaming hose-end bottle version.

And it kind of makes an automatic 2-bucket system.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I bought a cheepo foam gun type device from Harbor Freight for $12. It works fine for pre-soak and makes washing easier (1 bucket). Pick one up and enjoy.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95996
            James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
            Calais Auto Detailing
            CalaisDetails@aim.com
            www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Oops Dbl Post..

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
                I bought a cheepo foam gun type device from Harbor Freight for $12. It works fine for pre-soak and makes washing easier (1 bucket). Pick one up and enjoy.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95996
                While something is better than nothing (in which that is), I would save up and get the real deal. Those type of soap guns (I don't call it a "foam gun" because it's not a real/true one) go though soap real quick and end up leaking water back into the little canister. I had one of those years ago and either gave it away or trashed it. The Gilmour foam gun can be found at amazon for around $32+ IIRC, if you search around.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');