• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110 DA burned my bumper =(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G110 DA burned my bumper =(

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
      Hopefully, you're agreeing with Rasky and not the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by seth1066 View Post
        Hopefully, you're agreeing with Rasky and not the thread title.

Both. Read my previous post. Even though it may have been repainted, the possible improper use of the G110 caused the damage. There are other threads on the damage a G110 or other DA can do to these plastic/urethane/fiberglass bumpers. It all boils down to how the DA was used, the products and pads used, etc.

Colin
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
          There are other threads on the damage a G110 or other DA can do to these plastic/urethane/fiberglass bumpers.
          Colin
          Could you show me some of these?

Comment

Could you show me some of these?

Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I don't see how the above thread applies to the current discussion. It has a PC 7424 applied to a brand new, one week old, black car, sitting out in the South Carolina sun in July.

What temp would that fresh paint be before even starting with the buffer? 120? This experiment has it at a high of 160 and an average of 143.

Comment

I don't see how the above thread applies to the current discussion. It has a PC 7424 applied to a brand new, one week old, black car, sitting out in the South Carolina sun in July.

What temp would that fresh paint be before even starting with the buffer? 120? This experiment has it at a high of 160 and an average of 143.

http://www.tom-morrow-land.com/tests/cartemp/index.htm

It was nothing more than thread showing others have damaged paint in a similar matter using a PC/G110.

The fact that it was a new car is irrelevant as the paint is 100% cured by the time it leaves the factory...the temp most likely was a factor though.
                Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                  It was nothing more than thread showing others have damaged paint in a similar matter using a PC/G110.

The fact that it was a new car is irrelevant as the paint is 100% cured by the time it leaves the factory...the temp most likely was a factor though.
                  Yeah, I keep thinking of laquer.

That thread mentions the PC and a guy with a cyclo, plus a few mentions of rotary vs. bumper cover with the cover losing.

Couldn't find any shots of the paint actually ripped away like a huge chip as in this thread's OP's problem. Anyway, a search didn't turn up any solid threads on DA/G110 damage in this (Megs) forum. Obviously, it is possible, particularly on a cover.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');