• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian Waterless Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Waterless Wash

Yesterday I was atching some videos on the Megs channel at you tube and I saw some promo stuff for a waterless wash system that is available in Australia.

Does any one know what the liquid in step 2 is? Looks like it might be QD. I was digging the results they got on the video and I recently purchased a California duster, so I am wondering if I would be able to duplicate this result even though they don't sell this system in the US.

Re: Australian Waterless Wash

I think you are referring to this:
    Ignition DVD takes a look at Meguiars waterless car wash.

and you mean the liquid used to spray ???
    i think it is basically a UQD/QD inside a different package..
    because different countries and regions have different packaging :]

a waterless wash system consists of basically:
    1. Body Duster
    2. Ultimate Quik Detailer / Quik Detailer
    3. a good thick MF - Supreme Shine MF would be ideal

you could also try the waterless wash method made by Mark Kleis
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

heres the link in the forum:
    How-to Wash your car with a Rinse-less Wash System [video]
    Ganesa,
    Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Yes, that is the video I was referring to.

Seemed to me like the spray product was what we get in the US as Quick Detailer and you seem to agree.

I was just curious as to what this system was all about as I live in an apartment and am always looking for ways to keep my car up without a trip to the car wash.

I'm putting this on my list of things to try along with ONR.

Comment

The spray product is actually Last Touch (D155).

I have the Megs Waterless kit and am very happy with it. Works great for light dust / contamination. I have even substituted the LT for UQD and got great results.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thanks Davey

Any idea what the difference is in LT and QD?

Comment

Originally posted by William_F View Post
            Thanks Davey

Any idea what the difference is in LT and QD?
            Not exactly but from my experience, LT seems to be higher in lubricity than QD, hence why it is used in the waterless kit - in order to minimse the risk of scratching your paint.

QD however is easier to use and leaves a slicker finish.

UQD is a step up again, offering better ease of use, a slicker, shinier finish, as well as hydrophobic properties.
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');