• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Cable 7424 ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter Cable 7424 ????

As of now I have a rotary buffer I have been using for a few months. I ordered a pc 7424 for christmas. I wanted to know how is the pc with "spatter" opposed to the rotary, because when I use the rotary I usually have sprayed product all over my windows and trim. Thanks in advance
    Nothing but the best, That's why I use Meguiar's.
    1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Dark Baltic Blue
    4.6 32 Valve DOHC V8

I apply product directly to the pad, place the pad on the car and start the PC. With the method I get little to no splatter.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hi 94gpse,

The only time the dual action polisher splatters is when you,
      • * Lift the polisher off the finish and allow the foam pad to quickly increase in speed
        * Applying product to the panel and then run the spinning foam pad into the product without first lifting the pad at an angle to pull the product between the pad and the surface
        * In extreme cases, if you overuse your product, a saturated pad will tend to expel splatter
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the replies I cannot wait to get the PC. Any suggestions on using the rotary to cut down on the spatter?? (just until I get my PC)
        4.6 32 Valve DOHC V8

Comment

Originally posted by 94gpse
          Thanks for the replies I cannot wait to get the PC. Any suggestions on using the rotary to cut down on the spatter?? (just until I get my PC)
          • * Watch our video, part number PES101V
            * Practice good technique
            * Try using less product
            * Clean your foam pad with a nylon brush often and before using more product

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike. I am going to give it a shot today.
            4.6 32 Valve DOHC V8

Comment

Re: Porter Cable 7424 ????

Originally posted by 94gpse
              As of now I have a rotary buffer I have been using for a few months. I ordered a pc 7424 for christmas. I wanted to know how is the pc with "spatter" opposed to the rotary, because when I use the rotary I usually have sprayed product all over my windows and trim. Thanks in advance
              Never set the PC's speed to 6....The last time I tried that, I slung DACP all over the car!

Just use enough product to keep from buffing dry.
              r. b.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');