• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new g110 having problems.... help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new g110 having problems.... help

ok well i got my g110 for my b day last jan.. and this is 2nd time i used it and for some reason it smelled like something was buring.... so i shut it off and let it cool down for 20 min.... then i was using it again fine with no problems and after 10 min of use all of a sudden it just stopped working..... so i have it a tap a few times with my palm and it started up again but still smelled like buring... im just upset cause its brand new this is my 2nd time using it and its already giving me problems..

anyone else have this prob.. of what to do
    Last edited by Andy M.; Nov 2, 2009, 10:33 AM. Reason: language-Andy M.

Re: Brand new g110 having problems.... help

Others have had an issue with the burning smell for the first couple of uses, but it normally goes away. If it shut off on you call customer care and they will take care of you.

Andy M.
    MOL Moderator
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

yea well this was the 2nd time using it on full car... the 1st was just me correcting a hood... yea it was working find then all of a sudden it just stopped.... but it smelled real bad burning... i called megs they said they would replace it with no probs but its on backorder right now... :-(.

Comment

LET me ask you this question after you get the new one .... does meguiars give you a 1 year warranty on the new one they just gave you...

Comment

Originally posted by dedonderosa View Post
          LET me ask you this question after you get the new one .... does meguiars give you a 1 year warranty on the new one they just gave you...

I do not believe so. I had my old G110 (well 2 of them) replaced, and I don't think there is a new warranty.

But guess what?!?!

The reason the G110 is on back-order is because Meguiar's is coming out with a new DA (well most of us on MOL think so, considering you can't buy them anywhere online, and some places say new Model soon) So that means you are going to get a Brand New Meguiar's DA.

Pretty cool huh!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
          Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

They give a one year warranty on ALL G-110 models. As Andrew said, there are speculations on a new DA coming out by Meg's so I would see if they couldn't swap you out with a new model since you just recieved yours. (how long have you had it?)
            For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

i got it in feb.... and only used it 2wice total time like 4 hrs lol.. im very upset... not it intermittantly goes on and off and smells horrible

Comment

well i shipped it out today to the meguiars customer care center like i was told... with my reciept and an explanation of whats wrong with it.... i know the'll take care of it for me. I hope it doesnt take too long lol.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');