• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing a run in fairly new clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing a run in fairly new clear

I painted my car about a month and a half ago and got a few runs in the clear that I would like to address. I am not confident enough yet to wet sand the whole car since the orange peal isn't to bad but there is a run or two I would like to address. I have at least three coats of clear on. After reading the sticky posts i think i have an idea of what to do but just want to make sure this method will work for the new paint. I am thinking I should level off the run with maybe 600 working up to 2000 grit sandpaper. Since it will be only a small area should I try to use M105 by hand after sanding? How do I know if the paint is still too soft for M105? After the M105 i see every one seems to suggest M205, but do you get a new foam pad or wash it after you are done with the M105.

Re: Fixing a run in fairly new clear

Do a little more research on this, since you are not comfortable with wet sanding to a higher degree... well I would not use 600 paper you can make a could passes and rub right thought your clear coat. I would start with 1200 at least and see how that works and follow up to 2000.

How comfortable are with using a buffer? a rotary? a dual action?

your best bet is the rotary, if you are using M105 by hand, I would sand up to 3000 grit paper....

JUST BE CAREFUL!

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');