• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter is Rapidly Approaching -- Where are your Chemicals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter is Rapidly Approaching -- Where are your Chemicals?

With Mother Nature pressing forward with wintry weather in several regions throughout the United States, I wanted to take a moment to spin a thread to remind everyone to store their chemicals in a temperature controlled environment.

Car care chemicals, as we all know, aren't cheap and thus, we need to do everything within our power to preserve their shelf life so that we can achieve maximum results with such products. Temperature is one of the most critical storage aspects to consider when you are choosing a place for your chemicals to 'rest' over the long winter break. The cold environment of most garages, typically, doesn't provide enough heat to properly store such chemicals

Personally, I've found that a couple of the large Rubbermaid storage bins from Wal-Mart work wonderfully to transport the chemicals indoors and out of the cold temperatures in my garage. The bins also serve as a very easy tool to move my chemicals back and forth as I will continue to wash my vehicles as long as the temperature is, generally, above freezing.

It's just like anything else folks; if you take good care of them, they'll take good care of you! Isn't your chemical investment worth it?

RP
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Excellent point Brad!

I have moved my chemicals into the warmth of my house. Like Brad, I still bring them out occasionally to detail when it is warm enough. Of course, after I detail they come right back inside.

Chris
    Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');