• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#9 or #80 by hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try the #9 first and check to see if you achieved your desired results. If not try #9 again or step up to #80. Since #80 is only one step up from #9 I think you'll be pretty safe. Check out this thread. How much paint are you removing. This is a great test to show how much paint is removed with a rotary. This tells me the PC is really pretty safe.

Good luck

Comment

Thanks Mike, that link pretty much cleared up all my worries. I wasn't sure how much paint I would be removing with the PC, worried that after awhile, the CC would be much thinner. Even with the rotary the DACP didn't even change the thickness. I think I'll feel much more comfortable with using the speed glaze now.
      Jason
      2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by jetta18T
        Thanks Mike, that link pretty much cleared up all my worries. I wasn't sure how much paint I would be removing with the PC, worried that after awhile, the CC would be much thinner. Even with the rotary the DACP didn't even change the thickness. I think I'll feel much more comfortable with using the speed glaze now.
        I felt the same way after seeing that thread.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');