• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Insane Shine Tire Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Insane Shine Tire Coating

Does this NXT tire coating ever dry on the tire or not. I put some on my truck and 3 hrs later it was still sticky to the touch.
    Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
    1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
    1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Re: NXT Insane Shine Tire Coating

Which one did you use?

I use the trigger spray, I started blotting the tire with an old terry after 10min or so.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I don't believe it will on it's own.

Comment

After about 20-30 minutes I always take a clean tire applicator to remove any excess.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

No it never really dries, I've never tried to wipe the excess though; it just doesn't seem to sling.
          James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
          Calais Auto Detailing
          CalaisDetails@aim.com
          www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

its sticky as all get out.....but def not dry. Id think in any dust/dusty condition itd stick to the tire like gum in the hair!
            Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
            1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
            1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsCrazed View Post
              its sticky as all get out.....but def not dry. Id think in any dust/dusty condition itd stick to the tire like gum in the hair!
              Surprisingly although it remains sticky and greasy, it doesn't seem to collect too much dust. Plus, if you use a tire cleaner (I use Westley's Bleche-Wite) it will diminish the shine to a satin finish but will not completely strip the dressing! That is why NXT Insane Shine is my personal favorite tire dressing for my car.
              Calais Auto Detailing
              CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

The same tire cleaner that will clean anything off of the tire better than any other cleaner (referring to another thread, well, many), won't actually remove a tire dressing?

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                  The same tire cleaner that will clean anything off of the tire better than any other cleaner (referring to another thread, well, many), won't actually remove a tire dressing?
                  IME it cleans everything but a slight bit of the dressing off. The minute amount of dressing left leaves a satin finish. I don't have Super D-greaser (that is the thread you are referring to right?) so I can't test it with Super D-greaser, but Purple Power also leaves a slight bit of the dressing behind and I think we can agree that is a pretty aggressive cleaner (at full strength). I think this is more a commentary on the resilience of the dressing than the quality of the tire cleaner.

IME Westley's is the most user-friendly tire cleaner I have used, I get good results from it and it is inexpensive. Basically, it fits the bill for my personal/business needs; I wish it were a Meguiar's product but it is not. I've said in other threads that if Meguiar's were to take the label off all the Westley's bottles, slap a Meg's label on with something like "Ultimate Tire Cleaner", I would buy it even if it was $1 more.
                  Calais Auto Detailing
                  CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

I would recommend Gold Class Endurance High Gloss....I've tested all of Meguiars products for tires and this product has the best result

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
                      IME it cleans everything but a slight bit of the dressing off. The minute amount of dressing left leaves a satin finish. I don't have Super D-greaser (that is the thread you are referring to right?) so I can't test it with Super D-greaser, but Purple Power also leaves a slight bit of the dressing behind and I think we can agree that is a pretty aggressive cleaner (at full strength). I think this is more a commentary on the resilience of the dressing than the quality of the tire cleaner.

IME Westley's is the most user-friendly tire cleaner I have used, I get good results from it and it is inexpensive. Basically, it fits the bill for my personal/business needs; I wish it were a Meguiar's product but it is not. I've said in other threads that if Meguiar's were to take the label off all the Westley's bottles, slap a Meg's label on with something like "Ultimate Tire Cleaner", I would buy it even if it was $1 more.
                      That is one of the threads I am referring to, yes. There are a select few that constantly, and consistently I might add, go into every thread about cleaning tires and post how great Westley's is; how it is better than everything else...

One fact that is left out almost every time is how strong Westley's actually is compared to other cleaners as well. I wouldn't call it user-friendly in the amount of precautions one must take when using it. It is like Wheel Brightener for tires. I suppose I am just tired of hearing about it in every single tire cleaning thread about how great it is and how awesome it is when it seems it performs the same as an APC. Heck, APC leaves a satin finish like you are describing. Meguiar's Super Degreaser, for example, will exceed the performance based on what you are saying, and it costs much less for gallons of the stuff. Super Degreaser costs less....and has that Meguiar's logo you are looking for.

Nonetheless, NXT Insane Shine aerosol is still one of my favorite dressings for the tires. It is a great dressing indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');