• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

having a problem with tire dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having a problem with tire dressing

i use endurance high gloss on my tires and my tires have a lot of grooves around the whole tire and after letting the product sit for 10-20 i wipe off excess using a mf and i use a paint brush to get in the grooves and still after about 7 driving trips it is still coming out of the grooves, but not on the car, just around the tire. After each trip i wipe the tire and by the end of the day the tire no longer has its high gloss it has more of a matt finish. Also after the first wipe after the 10-20min wait time the shine is like cut in half. Also after the first wash of the car, i dont clean the tires but some water get on it, in certain spots of the tire the shine is gone. I like my tires to be extremely shiny and wet looking, but i want the product to last a good amount of time and i want the product to stay on the tire after i have to wipe the tire after every driving trip until its out of the grooves, any suggestions on a product(megs or not) or how to get the gel out of the grooves. should i let endurance sit longer on the tire so more get absorbed into the tire, i never wipe it off before 10min like it says though.

Re: having a problem with tire dressing

buy different tires...
    Kevin Smith

Comment

have you tried letting the dressing sit after you wipe? personally i find letting it dry after applying dressing allows it to stay longer, but i use insane shine

Comment

yea after the wipe the car has sat for 3 hours

Comment

tires "cleaned" prior to application?

Comment

yea with megs hot rims all wheel cleaner

Comment

Where's Nick the tire man? I'm sure he has the solution!
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

After I apply tire dressing and spread it around evenly, I come back with the leaf blower and blow out (also helps to dry it quicker) all the left over tire dressing in the tread, grooves, etc. Of course, this is done on a driveway after it's been sprayed down with the hose to make sure there isn't any debris that gets blown around. Been doing this for years with no problems.

Comment

that would be great if i had a leaf blower, but i do have a shop vac and it can used to blow instead of ****(wow that sounds so bad) i will try that

Comment

I use the Insane Shine spray, and then a terry cloth towel to sort of blot around the tire instead of wiping to pick up excess.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

But how can I get the gel out of the grooves

Comment

Just use All Season Dressing. I think that will save you a lot of headache.
                        Shane
                        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

How about trying one of the aerosol tire dressings? I recently tried an aerosol dressing on my wife's CR-V and daughter's Accord. I wanted something that was quick to apply and left a high-gloss look. I let the car sit for a couple of hours to allow the dressing to dry completely. I haven't seen any sling with either car.
                          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                          --Al Kimel

Comment

I'll give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by 79elcamino View Post
                              But how can I get the gel out of the grooves
                              I think compressed air should do the trick

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                              Just use All Season Dressing. I think that will save you a lot of headache.
                              I have found that applying All Season dressing with a foam applicator pad or a microfiber yields best results, I dont think it is one of those spray and walk away products, the aerosol products seem best suited for that

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                              How about trying one of the aerosol tire dressings? I recently tried an aerosol dressing on my wife's CR-V and daughter's Accord. I wanted something that was quick to apply and left a high-gloss look. I let the car sit for a couple of hours to allow the dressing to dry completely. I haven't seen any sling with either car.

Nick
                              Tucker's Detailing Services
                              815-954-0773
                              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');