• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clear coat issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clear coat issues

I have a 2000 Audi A4. Its Cactus green pearl paint is beautiful but the clear is failing. Its failing on the hood, roof, and trunk. When the light hits it right i can see what looks like a water pattern (like some one put a tarp over it before the clear ever dried completely) And now its to the point of just peeling right off in places. Am I done for and need new paint?? Can just the clear be fixed?? The rest of the car is in great shape.

Re: clear coat issues

If it's peeling then I'm sorry to say that nothing short of a repaint will be able to fix the clear coat.
    Sorry for the bad luck.
    For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Yeah I had a feeling that was the answer. Thought I'd ask before i spent a arm and a leg repainting. just paid it off too (darn).

Comment

It does sound like clear coat failure unfortunately. Can you post some pictures so we can make sure for you?

Andy
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

From the info given, a repaint is all you can do. Post some pics so we can be sure.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');