• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel washing tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel washing tips

I doubt if my method is groundbreaking or a fresh new way of wheel-washing, but I thought I would share a few tips that help me to clean my wheels and rims.

I start off with two hand-held wheel brushes ($2 each at Big Lots) and angle one at 90 degrees while keeping the other one straight. Why two brushes? Using one brush is fine, but the constant bending and unbending causes the wire in the brush to break after 3-4 washes.

The angled brush is for cleaning behind the spokes of the wheel. I generally use low-end car wash soap to wash my wheels.

I use the straight brush for cleaning the inner rim and between the spokes. I slightly angle my flat brush to that it contours to the inner rim, and it seems to grabs better.

Re: Wheel washing tips

Same process I use.
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Great idea Thanks for sharing.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice tip! Those accord wheels are a pain to wash!

Comment

thanks for sharing
          Ganesa,
          Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Do you use a wheel cleaner?

I use normal car soap because I do not like to use cleaners on maintenance washes (the wheels are essentially clean). I also wax them (just spray wax) and this helps.

The bristle brushes still do not really seem to dislodge the dirt/dust/grease from the corners of the spokes especially on my textured chrome wheels. I have to get my finger in there to just dislodge it...the soap, etc. softens it well enough usually.
            Al
            ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');