• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Meguiar's offer so many different waxes?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why does Meguiar's offer so many different waxes?

I got a question about this. On the cleaner wax order, could someone inform me on which ones are DAT focused and which ones are more chemically cleaning focused? I know the consumer cleaner wax is more chemically focuses for cleaning stains than it is for swirls, but I'm confused with the others.
    -Kyle

Comment

Great thread. This should help out so many people.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Brilliant thread. Thanks Michael!!!
        Shane
        Cardomain · HINcity

Comment

Thanks, I believe this is all one need to know about waxes.

Comment

Great explanation Michael!

I've been using #26 for longer than I care to remember. I used to apply it by hand but now I use a Porter Cable 7424 DA polisher and a red pad. Using this method to apply it allow me to put down just the right amount to achieve consistent coverage.

I have to say though, I've been trying some of these synthetic sealants and they are quite impressive especially followed up with a coat of Carnauba wax.
            BobbyG

Comment

As for #21 you mentioned:

..It's unique formulation elminates very fine scratches and swirls, creating a flawless finish.

Is this a reference to its cleaning ability or the 'masking' one?!?

Comment

Excellent Explanation..this cleared why meguiar has a very huge product line!

Comment

Helpful. Would be more helpful to state that the Liquid Carnuba (Gold) is a polisher as well. I bought the Gold Polish and the Liquid Wax. I'm sure others have made this same mistake.

Comment

Is D151 the perfect product for detailets in most situations? Seems like it offers a quick turnaround in and out. I dont mind spending days on my car but no one makes money that way.
                    Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
                    2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

Comment

Originally posted by gclark26 View Post
                      Is D151 the perfect product for detailets in most situations? Seems like it offers a quick turnaround in and out. I dont mind spending days on my car but no one makes money that way.
                      That or M66 would likely be the best bets..

D151 uses SMAT so it would be pretty versatile just by changing pads depending on how bad the finish on the car is.

Basically just buff and go.... AIO....

Comment

I bought black wax for my black vette, only to find out it's gray. Why call it black?
                        Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
                        That is correct - the products listed in this thread were just grouped by line (consumer, pro, detailer)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Rogers View Post
                          I bought black wax for my black vette, only to find out it's gray. Why call it black?
                          take note, megs black wax states that it is ideal for dark colors (all dark colors) due to its high polishing oil content. It will add depth and richness, together with its cleaners and protection and has nothing to do with the wax color and nothing to do with it being strictly for black paint. Similarly, white wax works well on all colors, but it will work best on light colors since light colors can be difficult to clean since it's hard to see stains.

Black Wax-cleaners, POLISHING OILS, wax
                          White Wax-CLEANERS, polishing oils, wax

Comment

Just to add...there are NO dyes (that affect the paint) in either 'White Wax nor Black wax'.

Bill

Comment

and to add even more confusion or clarification, it is perfectly safe to use white wax on dark paint, especially if the paint is swirled up or oxidized. There is a post here somewhere wherein white wax was used on dark paint, with excellent results!

Comment

Hello and wow!

I have just become a member here and this is the first post I have read other than the "introduce yourself" thread. I think I have learned more from this thread than all the searching I have done to date. Thank you so much and I can't wait to get started keeping my new car looking beautiful!

Mike
                                Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and somebody yells SHUTUP!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');