• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What method(s) have you used in the past to combat hard water spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What method(s) have you used in the past to combat hard water spots?

What method(s) have you used in the past to combat hard water spots?

Prayer.

So far God has denied my prayers.

Sigh.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

My water here is VERY hard. Quick detailer gets a lot of spots off, but not all of them. Sometimes it even takes a little SwirlX or DC1 to get them out.

One day after washing and drying two cars as fast as I could between the time when the shade comes and when it is totally dark (very short time) and ending up with horrible spots on the black one (that would not come out with QD), I said heck with this and installed a hose tap off a house-softened line. It still will leave some spots, but not nearly as bad. I am now experimenting with the Mr. Clean gun, since they are being cleared out so cheap now. So far the results have been mediocre.

Comment

Imo, If you dry the water off asap there should be no reason for water spots.

Comment

Hi,

has anyone used the Deluxe Clean Water Filter System that is on Wolfgangautocare.com? ($139)

I was looking into getting an inexpensive water filter / softener, has anyone found something like that?

Thanks

Scott
          Last edited by Markus Kleis; Sep 20, 2009, 10:51 PM. Reason: No clickable links before 30 posts

Comment

Hey Scott!

I removed the link and embedded some pictures for you since new members need to reach 30 posts before posting clickable links.

Thanks for your understanding!

Mark

Comment

I use water softener for the entire house. The water here at my neighbourhood is hard enough to stain on all watery equipments. Eventhough, still the water seem stain a little bit if left dried. Probably from another mineral form.

I wash my car in the morning. Use distilled water (bought from a local groceries) for final rinse. Later after the sun goes up, I put the car in the garage for drying process.

Comment

Soft water will not help at all (or at least not much). What you need to do is get rid of the TDS in the water. A deionizer is what does the trick.

Jim

Comment

i spray water with nozzle
                  wash&wax
                  rinse using free flowing water without nozzle it makes more sheeting and less water beads
                  then directly i spray detailer panel by panel then smooth wipe with waffle weave towel then light buffing with soft microfiber
                  i try to do it as fast as possible

Comment

Hands down the best thing for me has been using a leaf blower to immediately dry the car. To do so, you must be patient and move slowly to get ALL the droplets off from the top down, drying the car very thoroughly (which still only takes 10 minutes or so). I used to deploy several MFs, but that took hours of wiping sometimes (particularly in high humidity), and only created more spiderwebs, exhaustion and frustration. I also use a very tight water filter, which does help, but the blower is the key to keeping that show car look, IMHO.

When it rains, I just let it sit, because rain is pure water (at least in the Southeast), so there are no spots, or at least, very light ones that are not "hard" spots, but light dirt residue easily removed with Quik Wax. After a hard rain, there may be streaking or drip lines around the mirrors and doors, say from prior Quik Wax or Ultimate Black, but those streaks are easy to touch up. Driving in the rain is another matter, of course, and I try to avoid it if possible!
                    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');