• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which new product would be of interest to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter device only. I'm not interested in anything where I must buy the accompanying wash only
    my product collection-- New !
    My Detailing Credo
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill D
      Filter device only. I'm not interested in anything where I must buy the accompanying wash only
      I must agree. Although, I don't know if hard water is a big enough of an issue with me to worry about it, and yes, I have hard water.

Comment

I'd be interested in a soap and filter combo

Here in Kansas City, KS we have VERY hard water and I have a black truck. You do the math. Keep us posted on if anything is being worked on.
        Yea, I'm a red hot beaner!!

Comment

Both. I would love a car wash that focuses on hard water (I didn't get NXT because the place I was at didn't have it...and I was really tired of driving around town).

Also, a filter would just be gravy on top of that.

If said filter was developed, I think it would be nice to have some sort of switching system. It'd be nice to be able to switch from filtered to unfiltered water by pulling a lever or something.
          "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
          R.A. Heinlein

Comment

soap alone is easiest...but I'll take what ever works .
            2019 GMC Sierra
            1500 AT4

Comment

I think simply adding some ingredients to your already great car wash soaps (I use GC and Deep Crystal personally) would be the best way to do it...

"NEW Gold Class Car Shampoo now with Hard Water Spot Inhibitor"
              2003 White Diamond Cadillac Escalade with Weld Evo Forged 22's

Comment

What Bob (Aurora40) said.

I've tried the Mr. Clean system and while it doesn't dry completely spot free, it does buy you some time on warm days so you can dry the car before it spots. The problem is the unit is awkward and I really don't like the soap. I've ended up using either NXT or Gold Class (whichever is on sale ) to wash the car and the Mr. Clean filtration system to rinse....and of course, since the filter really doesn't fit in well without leaking, I have to remove the bottom cover and physically hold the filter in place so it doesn't leak.

I know Meguiars can do better than that!
                Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

I'm gonna agree with estranged on the gold class with hard water inhibitor. Here in my area hard water is the only way. Suprisingly depending sometimes on which side of the highway you are the water is either real hard or not bad at all. I get to find out about the water where my new house is being built soon.
                  04 Z71 Burb= daily driver(SOLD)
                  79 Trans Am=restored toy
                  03 Sunfire= lowered, daily driver
                  06 Saturn Vue= daily driver

Comment

I spent 5k on a home water system and still get spotting. There is one more thing i can put inline to reduce it, but other than rev. osmosis, im not sure spot free water is completly possible.

If i wash early in the morn. or at dusk, no spots, stay out of the sun

Anyways, i vote for anything new from Megs., dont care what it is, keep em' coming

Comment

What if you just used a microfiber towel and dried your car before the water spots became an issue? It works very well for me. Hope that helps.
                      Later On Utricky1

Comment

Originally posted by utricky1
                        What if you just used a microfiber towel and dried your car before the water spots became an issue? It works very well for me. Hope that helps.
                        Sometimes no matter how fast you try to dry your vehicle you still end up with hard water spots... at times they can be hard to remove. Also any water that runs out of a crack driving down the road leaves a streak on the paint.
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                          Sometimes no matter how fast you try to dry your vehicle you still end up with hard water spots... at times they can be hard to remove. Also any water that runs out of a crack driving down the road leaves a streak on the paint.
                          How true!

That is why it takes longer to dry the car than to wash it, at least for me! I would think all you F-body owners out there would agree with me! All those nooks and crannies, the rear bumper.....drip......drip.......drip! It's all worth it though for an F-body.

My goat doesn't have quite so many places that release water drops after the car is dry, but it has a few.

RamAirV1
                          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I would really use both, the soap and the filter. Although it would be expensive, it would make my drying alot less stressful. Also it would keep me from Quik detailing right after my truck gets dry (to get rid of the spots)
                            WARNING! Eye protection must be worn when looking at my car in direct sunlight. Can cause temporary blindness.

Comment

I am interested in ANYTHING that would help prevent hard water spots.
                              Born to be hated;Dying to be loved.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited...1967 Ford Mustang 5.0...2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Comment

I'm not a chemist, but it's gotta be hard (no pun intended) to make a product that can prevent or eliminate hard water spots without affecting the sealant/wax coating on a car. If Meguiars can somehow accomplish this, I will be impressed.

Even a product that can quickly and easily eliminate hard water spots by hand without scratching or swirling paint would be great, even if re-waxing was required.

RamAirV1
                                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');