Which new product would be of interest to you? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Which new product would be of interest to you?

Voters
691. You may not vote on this poll
  • Premium car wash technologically engineered to prevent hard water spotting

331 47.90%
  • Water filtration piece that attaches to your hose to soften water and prevent hard water spotting

226 32.71%
  • Car wash and filtration piece combination system that prevents hard water spotting

242 35.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Which new product would be of interest to you?

Registered Member
    I think simply adding some ingredients to your already great car wash soaps (I use GC and Deep Crystal personally) would be the best way to do it...

"NEW Gold Class Car Shampoo now with Hard Water Spot Inhibitor"
    2003 White Diamond Cadillac Escalade with Weld Evo Forged 22's

What Bob (Aurora40) said.

I've tried the Mr. Clean system and while it doesn't dry completely spot free, it does buy you some time on warm days so you can dry the car before it spots. The problem is the unit is awkward and I really don't like the soap. I've ended up using either NXT or Gold Class (whichever is on sale ) to wash the car and the Mr. Clean filtration system to rinse....and of course, since the filter really doesn't fit in well without leaking, I have to remove the bottom cover and physically hold the filter in place so it doesn't leak.

I know Meguiars can do better than that!

I'm gonna agree with estranged on the gold class with hard water inhibitor. Here in my area hard water is the only way. Suprisingly depending sometimes on which side of the highway you are the water is either real hard or not bad at all. I get to find out about the water where my new house is being built soon.
    04 Z71 Burb= daily driver(SOLD)
    79 Trans Am=restored toy
    03 Sunfire= lowered, daily driver
    06 Saturn Vue= daily driver

Registered Member
    I spent 5k on a home water system and still get spotting. There is one more thing i can put inline to reduce it, but other than rev. osmosis, im not sure spot free water is completly possible.

If i wash early in the morn. or at dusk, no spots, stay out of the sun

Anyways, i vote for anything new from Megs., dont care what it is, keep em' coming

What if you just used a microfiber towel and dried your car before the water spots became an issue? It works very well for me. Hope that helps.
    Later On Utricky1

Originally posted by utricky1
    What if you just used a microfiber towel and dried your car before the water spots became an issue? It works very well for me. Hope that helps.
    Sometimes no matter how fast you try to dry your vehicle you still end up with hard water spots... at times they can be hard to remove. Also any water that runs out of a crack driving down the road leaves a streak on the paint.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Originally posted by gb387
    Sometimes no matter how fast you try to dry your vehicle you still end up with hard water spots... at times they can be hard to remove. Also any water that runs out of a crack driving down the road leaves a streak on the paint.
    How true!

That is why it takes longer to dry the car than to wash it, at least for me! I would think all you F-body owners out there would agree with me! All those nooks and crannies, the rear bumper.....drip......drip.......drip! It's all worth it though for an F-body.

My goat doesn't have quite so many places that release water drops after the car is dry, but it has a few.

RamAirV1

Registered Member Xtreme99_s-Dime's Avatar
    I would really use both, the soap and the filter. Although it would be expensive, it would make my drying alot less stressful. Also it would keep me from Quik detailing right after my truck gets dry (to get rid of the spots)
    WARNING! Eye protection must be worn when looking at my car in direct sunlight. Can cause temporary blindness.

I am interested in ANYTHING that would help prevent hard water spots.

I'm not a chemist, but it's gotta be hard (no pun intended) to make a product that can prevent or eliminate hard water spots without affecting the sealant/wax coating on a car. If Meguiars can somehow accomplish this, I will be impressed.

Even a product that can quickly and easily eliminate hard water spots by hand without scratching or swirling paint would be great, even if re-waxing was required.

RamAirV1

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information