Which new product would be of interest to you? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Which new product would be of interest to you?

Voters
691. You may not vote on this poll
  • Premium car wash technologically engineered to prevent hard water spotting

331 47.90%
  • Water filtration piece that attaches to your hose to soften water and prevent hard water spotting

226 32.71%
  • Car wash and filtration piece combination system that prevents hard water spotting

242 35.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Which new product would be of interest to you?

A filtration piece built into a foam gun... now we're talking...

I've used the Mr Clean one before and it seems to work okay. The big issue is that the filters and soap were so freaken expensive and the nozzle didn't have a great spray on it.
    2000 Nissan Maxima
    2005 Nissan Xterra

Registered Member
    i voted for the last one. it would be nice to have the choice of either. though i like the idea of just the soap, like mentioned before, but i already use the NXT soap that helps prevent it some so now filtering the water is next. so i say both. cost would be a factor on the filters too.

Registered Member
    I'm all for modifying soaps so they rinse off with less spotting, but I don't need no more stinkin' gadgets just to wash the car.

I'm going to dry the car the old fashioned way anyway, so a filter would not be of interest to me.

There's little sense in voting for one option without knowing:

WHICH ONE WORKS BEST?

I'd buy the product(s) that actually work.

Ideally, I'd like a filter I can attach to my garden hose that's the size of a soda can which will enable me to wash my car at high noon in the Mojave Desert in 125 degree direct sunlight using industrial waste water. Retail price $9.95 with replacable cartridges good for 10 - 20 washes at $3.99. Of course, that's presuming I drive about 1,000 miles to the Mojave Desert.

But, that ain't gonna happen.
    Last edited by STG; Apr 25th, 2006 at 01:26 AM.

Registered Member 35th Anniversary SS's Avatar
    I would find it very hard to believe that a soap could be developed that could eliminate hard water problems. Reason being is that this soap may or may not work 100% depending on your water source. There is some naaaaaasty water out there... and some consumer is going to buy this product based on the Meguiars name with high hopes. If that consumer has really bad water... and this dont work on a summer day.... *insert bad taste in mouth*. Consumer spreads word.... word of mouth hurts Meguiars... consumers buddy buys Mr.Clean product that looks like a laser tag gun on steroids with a water hose attached to it.

A filter, on the other hand, would be great... it could be attached to the nastiest water you can find and it would do its job... just wouldnt last long as long as Joe Shmoe lucky enough to have "not so hard" water. Once its reached its limit.. crappy water or not... youll know when to expect hard water issues based on filter useage, which I assume would have some kind of guide to show when the filter is spent.

Id deffinately buy a filter.. especially with a Meguiars name on it.

*note: I currently own a Mr.Clean Autodry.. Ive NEVER been able to let my car dry completely on its own. I always freak out and start toweling off before its done drying. Honestly.. with a Mr.Clean name on it and given everything Ive been taught on car washing.. I cant stand back and let it do its thing.

Sorry for the long winded post.
    ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
    561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
    --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
    --

i'm all for the soap.

having to buy extra attachments won't go over with my old man who already has 10 different ones for his garden and flowers.

i could only imagine if i told him i'd have to keep switching them all for car wash.

he already barely understands the purpose of all this work i do to maintain them.

I like the soap idea. I don't like the whole idea of was, then filter, then rinse. I just want to wash, rinse, dry, and then polish/wax procedure.

Registered Member
    I would love a filter that had an element that could be recharged in an oven, or with some inexpensive, readily available chemical.

Registered Member
    I voted for the soap only. It would help on the low humidity days.
    I would not pay extra for it. I will usally use final inspecton or QD after it is dry anyway. That takes care of any spots on it that dried on.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information