• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which new product would be of interest to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which new product would be of interest to you?

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong View Post
    I would prefer a filter system for one simple reason:

While a soap would definatly help prevent water spotting, what happens when you go to rinse down the car?

I would rather have a system that gets rid of the hard water all together (especially down here in San Diego!). That way, I could use whatever car wash soap I wanted and not be stuck with just using one type of soap.
    Excellant point.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

For the traditional wash, I still have the same point of view. However, when it comes to doing an Optimum No-Rinse car wash, I just absolutely love it! It has become one of the few non-Meguiar's products that I use, mostly due to the fact that I live in an apartment complex meaning no access to a hose.

I am also revisiting the sponge as a wash media when washing well maintained cars. It seems to me to be a very effective way to wash the car and I am beginning to think it is a great combination for a car that is well maintained with ONR. However, if the car is anything beyond just mildly dirty from a week or so of driving on the paved roads (no dirt roads!) than you do have to do a regular wash.

Comment

I have enough space to wash/dry cars, but it would be nice if Meguiar's can make spot free water/wash system, so I can just blow dry entire car.
        I check other water filter system, but I can't afford
        And I don't want to buy Mr. Clean stuff. If Meguiar's make one, I buy 3!
        03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

Comment

I voted for the water filtration piece but after reading other peoples post I am leaning more towards the car wash because it no extra step in the process. Water spots are a definite frustration that always seems to creep up one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong
            I would prefer a filter system for one simple reason:

While a soap would definatly help prevent water spotting, what happens when you go to rinse down the car?

I would rather have a system that gets rid of the hard water all together (especially down here in San Diego!). That way, I could use whatever car wash soap I wanted and not be stuck with just using one type of soap.

I would like to see something that is inline with the hose, say back at the spigot versus a hand held unit like the Mr.Clean device.

Comment

I'd really like to see a filter that would attach between nozzle and hose. I currently have a filter for the house just ahead of the outdoor faucet. However because of the city doing an endless "upgrade" on city mains, (18 mos and still digging and ripping the streets) I still have a bit of gook in the water as it goes into the bucket. I realize that NXT wash should be the better product for hard or contaminated water, but for some reason I get much better results with DC, or GC. I did just recently discover #62. WOW! My new go to car wash.

I just think that a small filter for the hose end would be a very marketable item.

Comment

I don't see how an engineered car wash could work, the spots are in the rinse water.

Comment

keep it simple meguiars....just some soap will do!

Comment

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but I would like Megs to come up with a rinseless wash to compete with ONR.

Comment

I voted some type of filter. Screw on between spigot and hose would be great. A soap is just during the wash really, what about the rinse?? It'd make more sense, to me, if the water was treated.
                      If you consider washing your car to be a chore, then you are, shall we say, "not with the program". The real reason can be found in the automobile experience itself. Anybody can own a car. But having respect for the machinery by keeping it new despite the ravages of time, - well, that takes someone special.

Comment

Personally I'd spring for the filter. Here's why...

When washing a car I am often having to go back to certain areas to spend time on, or I will have to go back and wet a car while claying, or before I dry the surface I will spend time washing my wheels and tires.

The problem in that case would be if it was a hot day out and/or if I was claying the car, I have to occasionally walk around the car and spritz it with water to keep it from drying and leaving waterspots.

With just a soap spritzing to keep it wet while you're working on different areas or while claying wouldn't terribly effective.

My 2 cents.

Comment

As many others have said before, any of the above would be fine.
                          Joel
                          Firefighter/EMT-B
                          Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                          "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                          '99 F-150

Comment

Assuming it isn't expensive, I'd be interested in a water softener type attachment because I don't understand how a car wash can effectively prevent water spots if you're rinsing your car.

If it does prevent water spots it must then leave some sort of "film" behind and I wouldn't like that for my cleaning process. I would not purchase such a product at all, but I would buy a water filter attachment.

I wouldn't be interested in a combination system either because that takes away my freedom to choose a car wash, and I like that option.

Comment

I'd also like to add that such a filter system should be connected to the FAUCET end before connecting the hose, if invented.

This adds the flexibility for your customers to choose their own hose nozzle, or have none at all. Remember if they're rinsing some customers will try to "sheet" the water off with a steady flow of water from the hose, so by having the filter on the faucet end of the hose, allows you to continue doing this.

Comment

This is from 2004?

Should this poll not be updated/discontinued? There already are hose attatchments out there.
                                Last edited by Eddie6th; Jun 12, 2009, 07:23 PM. Reason: outdated material

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');