• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which new product would be of interest to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which new product would be of interest to you?

Since using no-rinse to wash I don't find spotting to be a problem, even in extreme heat since one panel at a time is washed and dried. Same after claying. If you're going to polish, do water spots really matter? On my light color paint I didn't find it a problem before using no-rinse. I always either spray wax, paste or liquid wax or polish, then wax anyway and if there are any spots they come right off. Must be the M21!

I certainly don't want to have to buy an attachment and replace filters/chemicals. I have a Mr. Clean and never bought new cartridges for it. The handle is cracked too from dropping it on the driveway. Personally I think it's junk. Didn't really notice a big difference in preventing spotting either.

I voted for spot resistant soap. Any progress on this technology?

Comment

A filler heavy polish or glaze maybe...
      Skoda Roomster

Comment

Hose attachment.

Comment

Definitely any of the 3!

After seeing some other threads about the crspotless to prvent hard water, it looks like it works good but seems a bit overpriced to me. I would think Meguiars could come out with something just as effective as the crspotless system but far less costly for the average car enthusiast that enjoyes washing their own cars and for the detailers.

I see this thread was started in 2004 is there any update on this yet?

You can do it Meguiars I have faith in your products, do it, do the spotless rinse system!

Comment

I don't quite understand what do you mean by hard water spotting .. I believe we don't have this problem in Australia as water is everything but not hard .. very soft indeed.

Comment

To add a couple of items.

1. Some better hand applicator pads. Something with some thickness/firmness that would transfer some of the pressure from your finger tips to the base of the hand. You can find these at some other vendors but Meguiar's is my vendor of choice so...

2. Waterless washes are becoming a bigger need as many communities are getting green. This is a trend that will continue to ramp up and I'm sure Meg's chemists can provide a superior product.

3. Bring back the brushes. They were a favorite of mine and I'm running down to my last few.

4. Bring back the sunshade. I have two left and I get questioned regularly about where I got them. They display the Meguiar's logo and are good advertising as well as being needed in the summer and the southern states.

Jim
              My Gallery

Comment

Drying the car after washing it prevents the spots for me, but it wouldn't hurt to have some added protection, especially in areas where using well water is a must.
                -----

Comment

You guys might throw shoes at me for saying this, but...

I'd like to see the consumer product line narrowed down. NXT, Gold Class, Ultimate and then the Deep Crystal products. There seems to be quite a bit of overlap, which ultimately leads to confusion.

Retailers may become more inclined to stock the entire product line, if it was narrower.

Out with the old and in with the new. My guess is that this will eventually happen.

Comment

Originally posted by FRS View Post
                    I don't quite understand what do you mean by hard water spotting .. I believe we don't have this problem in Australia as water is everything but not hard .. very soft indeed.
                    No wonder you guys are famous for slamming the coldies back... no hard liquor.

In any event, everything you need to know about hard and soft water:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_water

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_softening

Of particular note to the OP:

Hard water in Australia

Analysis of water hardness in major Australian cities by the Australian Water Association shows a range from very soft (Melbourne) to very hard (Adelaide).

Total Hardness levels of Calcium Carbonate in ppm are: Canberra: 40; Melbourne: 10 - 26; Sydney: 39.4 – 60.1; Perth: 29 – 226; Brisbane: 100; Adelaide: 134 – 148; Hobart: 5.8 – 34.4; Darwin: 31.

Comment

How about for 2011 "we" change the forum settings so threads are not bumped to the top when someone votes in a poll.

Comment

I voted for the last one. It would be nice to have the choice of either.
                        propecia pishop.de

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');