• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you concerned about hard water spots when washing and drying your vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you concerned about hard water spots when washing and drying your vehicle?

At my old house,the water was soft,and this wasn't a problem.I did have access to reverse osmosis,but never used it for washing the car.The water i have now is full of calcium and leaves deposits.I believe there is a filter that can be attached to your hose,but they are expensive,and the harder the water,the quicker they will become exhausted.

Comment

Re: Are you concerned about hard water spots when washing and drying your vehicle?

Our water has very little buffering in it.

Some of the softest water I've ever seen.
      r. b.

Comment

I can't say I'm not concerned.
        I usually don't expect any unless the mirrors like to hold gallons of water, like my mom's car.
        My 3 water magnets did a great job on completely drying the paint on my brothers ext cab Silverado and my big ol Caprice car.
        Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
        baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Hard water spots are a problem, but not one I've really had to deal with. I voted no in the poll.
          Shane
          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Here's a hardwater map I found...

I'm sure this is a map of surface water because *any* well water would be full of minerals I presume.

Looks like the biggest part of America has very hard surface water. I didn't know that.
            r. b.

Comment

That map is depressing... guess I'm lucky to be in an area of slightly hard water then
              Black on Black - 2007 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4x4
              Personalized Detailing

Comment

After spending 40+ years in the Pacific Northwest, hard water was NEVER a concern. Just left over water spots that would come off with a damp MF. I never understood the problem with hard water UNTIL I moved to Minnesota! Right in the middle of a "Red Zone!"

The only words I have about this are only four (4) letters long.

Bill

Comment

YES, I am. They are a pain to remove when they dry-out.

Comment

I have a 5000 litre rain water tank with a pump connected. I only wash the car in rain water.

Comment

I used to but it not that hard to remove water spots in a car.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');