• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first time surprise! Meguiars Ultimate Compound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first time surprise! Meguiars Ultimate Compound!

So I bought an old 94 Ford Ranger for gas mileage driving to and from work. When I bought the truck it was a faded red/orange, almost pink! I had no experience until this using a buffer or any kind of rubbing compound. I had only waxed my vehicles by hand. I ignorantly read articles on how to use a buffer the correct way while online and then went out and grabbed an $18 buffer from walmart. While there I grabbed the Ultimate Compound. Here are some before and after shots. When I realized how incredible this stuff was working I started setting the bottle of Ultimate Compound in the pics lol. Now I have a decent looking truck to drive back and forth to work and get good gas mileage. Not a faded looking turd. Well, it's still a turd.. but it sure is shiny!

***SEE MY NEW POST A FEW REPLIES DOWN FOR UPDATED PICTURES!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Nov 19, 2009, 03:42 PM. Reason: No clickable links before 30 posts

Re: The first time surprise! Meguiars Ultimate Compound!

Hey greenfrost!

First of all, welcome to MOL! It looks like you had some fantastic results working with Ultimate Compound.

I changed your links into embedded pictures (new users need to reach 30 posts before they can post a hyperlink), but the images are far too large.

Is there any chance you could re-host some images with 700 pixels or less width? If you could do that and re-post that would be much appreciated, and then I will edit out the original images.

Thanks!

Mark

Comment

Headed for the edit button to make the pics smaller!

Comment

Headed for the edit button to make the pics smaller! Can someone clean up the mess I left above this trying to resize my pics? lol

**update** new SMALLER pics lol. The others took up the entire page. Sorry!

Hopefully these are better.. if not, someone let me know and I'll go smaller with the pics

Comment

good job! I hope you finished with a good wax. Where in Missouri are you from?
          Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Truck looks much better!

Definitely get a coat of wax on there to protect all your hard work. If you have not already.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy View Post
              good job! I hope you finished with a good wax. Where in Missouri are you from?
              Wax pretty much sealed the deal. It has stayed looking wet so far. When I get bored I wax it over again. I'm up in St. Joseph!

Comment

welcome to MOL
                and mamamia at yr results

glad u shared with us.....
                it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

looks great!!! such a difference
                  1998 Eclipse GS - DD
                  2002 SOM Trans-AM WS6- M.I.A

Comment

Truck looks fantastic. What a tremendous improvement. Congrats.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I did a old Chevy pickup blue in color that was very faded. I buffed it with a wool pad and UC. I followed with Color X by hand and then NXT 2 by hand. It came out like a mirror. This was almost 3 months ago and it still shines very nice.

Comment

You just made your truck look like the Mercedes on the UC bottle. Turned out nice.
                        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Looks good.

Did you find it wax single stage paint?
                          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You got those results with an $18 orbital buffer? Wow. Looks phenomenal.

Colin
                            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

great results :]...

its just amazing what UC is capable of
                              Ganesa,
                              Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');