• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling 2hotford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling 2hotford

Hey Tim Im going to try and get rid of some acid rain damage with the 9227 what products should I use I dont think #83 will get it out.Also which pad red cutting I would think.Do you have a routine for this defect?
    Thanks Jerry
    2001 ws6 Trans am
    (Blackbird edition #19)
    433rwhp
    409rwt

Hey Jerry,

Have you tried the #83 with the W-8006 polishing pad and the rotary spinning ~1750 RPM? If this does not do it, then we need to go more aggressive.

Many times, I have had to use W-7006 Cutting Pad with #84 Compound Power Cleaner, again with the rotary spinning ~1750 RPM. BUT, you need to be careful as this combo does heat up the paint rather quickly; so keep the buffer moving. Also, check the surface temperature often. You need to work the product until it is almost gone, but still with a light residue on the surface. I believe this should do the trick!

Follow the #84/W-7006 with #83/W-8006. This will help eliminate any haze remaining. Follow with #80/W-8006 on a PC set to speed 5.

Give the above a try! I am sure you will love the results!!

If this does not do it (though I believe it will), then the etching is quite deep and may require wet sanding.

Please keep us posted!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks Tim I tried #83 & polishing pad at 1500 (nerves) I got a car thats a mess its a 98 ss camaro swirls,acidrain and alot of stuff Im sure I will find.The owner is letting it be my test pig.I did half his hood with a 3 step #83,#80 and nxt on black paint.It made a big differance Ive got pix. however it was night and the pix. came out real dark.I will take some good shots.Ive been playing with this car to see what its gonna take Im not charging anything for the job. Im the one that will gain in exp.I put 4 waxes on 4 panels testing the owner is loving the free details he is a reg. customer.
      Last edited by J SOLO; Dec 2, 2004, 01:18 AM.
      2001 ws6 Trans am
      (Blackbird edition #19)
      433rwhp
      409rwt

Comment

This is it after a 3 step its got alot of acid rain eching on the hood,roof and trunk[IMG]http://immortalscarclub.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/GMMGIncJSolo/misc_****_075.sized.jpg[/IMG]
        Last edited by J SOLO; Dec 1, 2004, 10:00 PM.
        2001 ws6 Trans am
        (Blackbird edition #19)
        433rwhp
        409rwt

Comment

Hi Jerry,

When using these products for paint correction, you really do need the speed on the rotary (~1750 RPM). Do not go over 1800 RPM though.

Sometimes the etching may be too deep and will require wet sanding. But that is risky and difficult on OEM paint. If the #84/W-7006/rotary does not remove all of it, I would probably stop there, unless you are VERY comfortable with wet sanding.

The car looks really nice. Do you have a few pics of the acid rain damage??

Nice garage by the way!

Let us know how it turns out!!

Tim

Comment

Tim I will shoot some pix. to show you.The garage is GMMG INC.
            2001 ws6 Trans am
            (Blackbird edition #19)
            433rwhp
            409rwt

Comment

Originally posted by J SOLO
              a.k.a. "The Blue Building"
              2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
              Bright Silver Metallic / Ebony Interior
              ASC# 1,575
              406 rwhp 392 rwtrq

Comment

Originally posted by J SOLO
                Hi Jerry,

I look forward viewing the pictures!!

Tim

Comment

Went to attack the car rotary in hand owner let a customer use it will be back in a few days I will shoot the pix. then let you see them before I attack.
                  Thanks Jerry
                  2001 ws6 Trans am
                  (Blackbird edition #19)
                  433rwhp
                  409rwt

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');