• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MillRoc Auto Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MillRoc Auto Detailing

hey guys. I finally started my business. I have one employee and so far I have 12 clients. It's a lot of fun actually, and my employee happens to be my best friend. I just bought a truck, and I am saving for a trailer. Hey check out my ad

Newb!

MillRoc Auto Detailing

So I just started my little business. I have been washing and detailing cars for years. But it's always been a really small basis, my uncles car here, some random guy there, never really a lot. But Now that I am really good at it, and it takes my friend and I less then an hour to wash a car I figured I'd take off with it. I already have 7 clients in line to get a wash, and thats awesome! But I want to know how you guys advertise? And what is necessary to do all this? I have been running out of the back of my car, but I'm trying to sell it and get a truck, once I do that I want to get a detailing trailer, as I like the idea of having a water tank and pressure washer and generator and stuff. I am mainly trying to stick to fleet washing, fast, easy, and lots of money. So thats why I want the tank and pressure washer and stuff. But So far running out of the back of my car has been fine. I am trying to expand and just seeing what helps, what works, and what doesn't. Also what do you guys charge for a wash? That includes vacuuming and wiping the dash and stuff? I'm charging 20 for a car and 25 for a truck or SUV. I was gonna charge 25 and 30, but It seems no one charges that much. Anyways, thanks for any information you may give me, and I can't wait to start bring in some money
    Newb!

Comment

Re: MillRoc Auto Detailing

You are going have to provide a full service to make any money. It doesn't have to be paint correction, but at least provide a full detail.

Comment

You just linked the edit page. Hurry and remove it.

Comment

$15? What on earth do you do for $15?
          James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
          Calais Auto Detailing
          CalaisDetails@aim.com
          www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

$ 15.00 dollars? Wow, that seems reaaaalllllly cheap.
            Tracy
            765-413-7547
            Autobritedetailing@gmail.com

Comment

Just to give you an idea, for what you charge $20 and $25....I and many other detailers charge $300 and $400. Your not even making $20 per hour at that rate. A good detailer who knows how to polish and remove defects should be earning in the $50+ per hour range.

Comment

Well, we all have to start somewhere.

It takes a long time and a lot of hard work to be able to command those higher prices.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

If you and your friend are getting $20 for cleaning a car and it takes them an hour to do it you are only getting $10 an hour minus the time however long it takes you to get there, gas, and supplies. After all that you can't be making more than $7 each. That's nothing considering u would make more than that just working at an automatic car wash somewhere.
                  1988 Toyota Tercel 1.5l I4 - AKA the BEAST
                  1994 BMW 325CI
                  2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
                  SR Detailing

Comment

full detail at that price is low!!! u can easily charge 50 for cars an people would be getting a great deal, i understand your learning but when you get new clients charge at least that in my area full details are 140 to 200 and thats cheap over here. when i started i use to do full interior details and wash for 30 for cars an 50 for suv, you need to remember to give yourself credit for all the hard work!!! happy detailing

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');