• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110 V2 - Lets ROCK AND ROLL BABY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G110 V2 - Lets ROCK AND ROLL BABY!

Originally posted by Jason Rose View Post
    Two questions there...

1) Joe was using the early version of the porter cable, not the recent XP version.

2) Which one takes the cake? That's a matter of personal preference. A really great performing polishing tool depends on how you personally define "great."
    one that doesnt kill my hand with bone rattling vibration, one that can remove colour sanding marks from 2000 grit sand paper (i work in a body shop)

needless to say i am in the market for a new toy

Comment

Originally posted by 87rx7chick View Post
      one that doesnt kill my hand with bone rattling vibration, one that can remove colour sanding marks from 2000 grit sand paper (i work in a body shop)

needless to say i am in the market for a new toy
      You are the perfect victim for a shop test we want to do. If interested, can you PM me with your contact info please?

Comment

I can really see the v2 coming in handy when polishing near body curves. Whenever the outer pad on my PC touches a body curve is stops spinning. I can see where the v2 will keep moving which is a real plus.

If someone asked me, I'd now recommend the v2 over the prior G110 as well as the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by tcope1 View Post
          I can really see the v2 coming in handy when polishing near body curves. Whenever the outer pad on my PC touches a body curve is stops spinning. I can see where the v2 will keep moving which is a real plus.

If someone asked me, I'd now recommend the v2 over the prior G110 as well as the PC.
          The v2 is not a forced rotation dual action orbital...so it will stop its rotation with enough downward force on the outside edge of the pad. But it has the best of both worlds...boosted torque when you need it (to help it power through the rotations) and smooth polishing (without fighting the pad too much.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Rose View Post
            The v2 is not a forced rotation dual action orbital...so it will stop its rotation with enough downward force on the outside edge of the pad. But it has the best of both worlds...boosted torque when you need it (to help it power through the rotations) and smooth polishing (without fighting the pad too much.)
            so in fact these buffers are not true rotational and can stop rotating and just vibrate in place? why would i want that?

isnt a flex a true rotational dual action buffer? its got that gear on the back plate to keep it in rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by 87rx7chick View Post
              so in fact these buffers are not true rotational and can stop rotating and just vibrate in place? why would i want that?

isnt a flex a true rotational dual action buffer? its got that gear on the back plate to keep it in rotation.
              Not sure what you mean by "true" rotational...but yes, the Flex is a forced rotational.

The buffing feel and user comfort of a forced rotational tool is very different than a random D.A. orbital. They both need to be experienced to really understand the difference.

Comment

I'm new to detailing and have never touched a DA before but am in the market for one. It's down to the Griot's new polisher and this G110v2.

Anyone have any opinions on the new Griot's polisher? Superior Shine, have you by any chance used the new (or old) Griot's polisher?
                2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
                Black Obsidian

Comment

I have used the old Griots. After testing it I returned it.

Read about it here - Griots DA
                  Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch34 View Post
                    I'm new to detailing and have never touched a DA before but am in the market for one. It's down to the Griot's new polisher and this G110v2.

Anyone have any opinions on the new Griot's polisher? Superior Shine, have you by any chance used the new (or old) Griot's polisher?
                    Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                    I have used the old Griots. After testing it I returned it.

Read about it here - Griots DA
                    the new and old versions are night and day. hence why meguiar has this new version coming out too.

Comment

Thanks for the link, I just read all 7 pages! lol

I have a question for you, sending you PM.
                      2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
                      Black Obsidian

Comment

It is best to post here rather than PM me.
                        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Ok, here's my question then:

Here's something that doesn't make sense to me...you said that the Griot's polisher rotates faster but the PC you tested it against cuts better and is more aggressive even when using the same pad and product.

Wouldn't the DA that rotates faster be more aggressive and have more cut to it?

I've never even held a DA before so I have no clue about any of this.
                          2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
                          Black Obsidian

Comment

No, the polisher with the largest orbit will be more aggressive. The griots v1 was more of a wood working finish sander than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch34 View Post
                              Ok, here's my question then:

Wouldn't the DA that rotates faster be more aggressive and have more cut to it?

I've never even held a DA before so I have no clue about any of this.
                              Torque also comes into play here. The PC seems to have more torque than the Griot's DA and is therefore bogs down less under load. The G110 V2 seems to have the most torque of all

Comment

Joe excellent videos. Short and to the point. That V2 DA seems really well balanced and sturdy.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');