• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

105 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 105 issues

I began using 105 on a watermarked surface with a CCS orange Pad with a 7424xp at 5. After 3 attempts I still have etching in the surface. Am I doing something wrong? I thought the 105 would definitely get rid of these watermarks. Please help.

BEFORE

After Shots

You can see the surface is the same color but the divots are still there.

Re: 105 issues

Its not an issue with M105. The waterspots caused etching and what you see is the result of the etching. Wetsanding may take care of it, but there are so many things that you need to think about when it comes to wetsanding. I'm on my lunch break and don't have the time to get started on wetsanding. Hopefully someone with more time will chime in.

Colin
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Those divots look very deep though. May not be fully removable.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

I have the same problem. My water spots were caused the DAY I received my car back from the body shop when I had the front repainted. The hard water spots from the water here and the sun in an arizona day likely caused the etching to seep down to the base coat. Very disappointing...

Comment

Wet-sanding won't even fix that. It's too far down into the clear coat based on the pictures. That clear-coat looks really rough though. Is that the original paint? How old is the car?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewR/T View Post
              Wet-sanding won't even fix that. It's too far down into the clear coat based on the pictures. That clear-coat looks really rough though. Is that the original paint? How old is the car?

I definitely think its a repaint.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');