• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of your work shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of your work shop

I'm building a work shop that will be mostly used for washing & polishing cars. I need some info as for lighting, colours of floors whalls...
    Any sugestions would help.
    Pics would be great.
    Thanks.

Re: Pics of your work shop

Well as far as the colors of the walls, I believe you will want to make them white so that the room stays as bright as possible. I think alot of people just leave the flooring concrete color, or use an epoxy, like I have below. This picture was when we had first moved in. I don't have too much extra stuff, I would go crazy with a messy garage. I will try to get an updated picture for you, just remember paintwork is not my primary purpose for the garage.

Schotography

Comment

I recommend trying to have wheels on everything in the garage. All my racks, tool box, workbench, etc have wheels. It is so much easier to rearrange the garage or just to move stuff to clean. What would normally be at least a two person job can be done very quickly and easily with just one.

Colin
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

I have to agree on the white walls. I painted mine stark white and then hung up plenty of flourescent lighting to light the space up like the middle of the day, even at night. For the floor I would like to use epoxy, but thats a future project. Another concern you might want to check into is how well your garage door seals. If is doesn't seal quite right it can let in a lot of nasty stuff that can affect your paint work.

I will post some pics of my garage later, as it is a mess right now 'cause I am in the middle of a major detail on my car!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
          I recommend trying to have wheels on everything in the garage. All my racks, tool box, workbench, etc have wheels. It is so much easier to rearrange the garage or just to move stuff to clean. What would normally be at least a two person job can be done very quickly and easily with just one.

Colin
          This is a very good idea. I will try to incorporate this in my new garage. Thanks Colin.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
            This is a very good idea. I will try to incorporate this in my new garage. Thanks Colin.

Not a problem. You don't think about it until you actually have a garage with everything on wheels. Then you'll never be able to go back. I'm a clean freak so I like to be able to move things to clean instead of just cleaning around them.

Colin
            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Darn, makes me want to work on my garage but it won't be remodeled until spring. (current storage unit for the truck)

Comment

I hear you, Colin. We just moved into a new house. The garage is empty. I want to set it up right. Ideas like yours are a big help. I am also a clean freak about things. Thanks again.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

I'd suggest installing a heater in your garage as well. In my case, I have a small ceiling mount heater from Northern Tool that keeps the chill out of the air. This is key because I don't want to move all my products into my house when the cold hits. Also, I'm more likley to work in a garage that isn't ice cold. It's a nice addition, one I couldn't live without after having it.
                  NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                    I'd suggest installing a heater in your garage as well. In my case, I have a small ceiling mount heater from Northern Tool that keeps the chill out of the air. This is key because I don't want to move all my products into my house when the cold hits. Also, I'm more likley to work in a garage that isn't ice cold. It's a nice addition, one I couldn't live without after having it.

He lives in Quebec. What makes you think he needs a heater?

Colin

Comment

Let's see some more pictures. I love looking at these and getting ideas.

Comment

Sub'd

This has been a project of mine for some time now. Looking forward to seeing what everyone has done.
                        Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

Has anyone thought of lining the top of their garage ceiling with Christmas lights (all white) to achieve a show-car effect like the following:

Comment

I don't have a picture of my garage but here are the Gorilla shelves I bought from Sams for like $70:

Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

Here is one of the two racks I bought at Sam's for around $70-80. They're on wheels so I can easily roll them around to clean or rearrange my garage. The shelves are adjustable in one inch increments, too.

Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');