• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep power gone wild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep power gone wild?

Originally posted by Jossy92 View Post
    My lips got tired reading and I misunderstood.
    Ah, I hate it when that happens.

If you ever get to pa give me a shout I have a black 2007 Honda Hood you can strip the paint off for me.

Comment

Are the rep points coming from a small number of people?
      Al
      ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
        Well now......

Seems a bit of an adjustment to the settings altered everyone's numbers! Those with really high numbers will show the greatest drop, from a percentage standpoint, while those with very few rep points won't see much of a drop. This is due to the system apparently making all previous rep awards adjusted to the new settings.

Let's give this a shot for the time being. Just so you all know, there are now limits on how many people you can award rep points to each day, how many others you need to award points to before bestowing more on the same person, and the percentage of points award is also greatly reduced.
        It seems a bit better, Michael.

What about fixing the little green ranking? For example, I've only had 5 people give me rep points, but my green bar is past the limit

Comment

Well, I just lost some 2300 rep points. This is the greatest blow to me ego I have ever sustained. It's right up there when Layne Blakestad jilted me in the 6th grade. But I guess I will recover.

But seriously, I am relieved to have to have been relieved of so much rep power. I'm just a detailing newb, after all. Thanks, Mike.
          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
          --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
            Ah, I hate it when that happens.

If you ever get to pa give me a shout I have a black 2007 Honda Hood you can strip the paint off for me.
            Love to, but, couldn't keep up with you.
            Wait 'til you see my hood.... gulp. (when I figure out my camera)
            Pa....you have weather there. We have "nice". That and occasional freeway-helicopter chases to make up for the boring weather.
            Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
            by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

Originally posted by Jossy92 View Post
              Love to, but, couldn't keep up with you.
              Wait 'til you see my hood.... gulp. (when I figure out my camera)
              Pa....you have weather there. We have "nice". That and occasional freeway-helicopter chases to make up for the boring weather.
              But here if you do not like the weather just wait it will change.

Comment

I say get rid of it. Those that have been around here for a while will probably know what I am talking about here in a minute. I must preface this by saying I am not "pointing fingers" or trying to call anyone out; simply stating something that I have observed over the course of this past year...

This past year the forum has grown, member-wise, a decent amount (which is good). Most of the "rep" it seems, has come from these newer people figuring out what it was and simply clicking away for any reason, even just to bump someone's "rep" up because they thought it was low. Like I have said in the past, I am really not too concerned with whether I have a "bright future" or a "reputation beyond repute." It simply seems to me that lately with the newer people coming on board and the mass-posting about it has sort of turned it into a game to some, to see how high they can get theirs, or others.

Comment

Hey, what happened? I thought you were knocking everyone else's down, not mine?

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Wow, what a drop in rep points. But it is all good. I hope that this is the fix to the problem. That we can finally get past the rep point thing.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
                      I will trade REP points for Buffing lessons please let me know how much per hour.
                      Awww man I thought you were offering lessons for rep points!

I had too many, I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to have as many as I did, I call it beginners luck to be able to pull off some of the things that I've done so far.
                      For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Originally posted by Underdawg736 View Post
                        Awww man I thought you were offering lessons for rep points!

I had too many, I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to have as many as I did, I call it beginners luck to be able to pull off some of the things that I've done so far.
                        I put that at the end of a Mike Phillips quote.When he was Begging for Rep points LOL

I need to set something up with Andy again and we will get a couple of us easterners together and burn some paint. There is a new Private training center close by I think we could get the use if there were more than 4 or 5 interested.

I have been Detailing and running the wheel over cars,trucks,trailers,boats,Air planes and anything else that needed a shine for over 31 years and have taught dozens and the look on the owners face is all the REP I need. I post on here to help when I can and to share Photos of neat projects I have the privilege to work on and results you can achieve with great products and to share knowledge I have gained by my own experience and form others, newbes and Pros alike.

So please take all my Rep points and buy a Soldier who swallows sand dust all day a better piece of body armor that he or she can come home in one piece.

Comment

I need to set something up with Andy again and we will get a couple of us easterners together and burn some paint.
                          Give me a call Frank. I have some stuff I haven't used yet that I want to try and if anyone else is coming and want to try a product that they haven't tried let me know. I'm sure between the two of us there isn't much we don't have. Let's see if we put it all together, we could probably start a warehouse.

Andy

Open Garage in Dillsburg, PA. #2
                          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                            Hey, what happened? I thought you were knocking everyone else's down, not mine?
                            Bummer, that's what I tought too. However, your rep points + join date = probably a teacher type. In my book, it's still good.

My past rep points + join date = serious learner getting encourgagement
                            OR
                            =newb trying to get fake "reputation"

I been use points and join date to figure who knows what they were doing. I am no longer embarrassed having more points than some of the guys I was learning from. The pressure is off.
                            Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
                            by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

Join date and post count are not always accurate. My join date could be considered as "new" but I've been reading the forums for a while before I started posting. I also am a very quick learner and believe I understand the concepts and have applied them enough to share my wisdom..

Comment

The other thing too, with regards to post counts, is there were many, many posts by a lot of us on the old forum that were deleted when they switched back to vBulletin. I would have about another 1,500 posts or so on top of what I have. Again though too, rep wasn't really a big thing back then either. It was hardly ever used from what I saw. Sure there was some here and there, but this past year when compared to others has just been "wild!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');