• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing water-spots from side mirrors (by hand)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing water-spots from side mirrors (by hand)

Both of my side mirrors have water-spots on them. I tried cleaning it with Glass Concentrate, and claying it as well. I still can't remove it! Are there any ways to remove these spots, by HAND? Thanks!

Re: Removing water-spots from side mirrors (by hand)

What products have you used besides clay and glass cleaner. Have you tried scratch-x or ultimate compound? Claying will generally not remove a defect. Claying will clean the paint to get it ready for defect removal and protecting.

Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I do have DC1, ScratchX 2.0, Swirl Remover 2.0 and SwirlX. I tried DC1 already, with High-Tech pad. No success.

Comment

Where you using those products by hand or with a tool?

If I'm not mistaken, the side mirrors have a glass coating in front of the reflective mirror portion, thus you're essentially dealing with glass.

Might need to follow the directions in the "Glass Polishing... deep cleaning " thread.

Comment

Are we discussing the glass side, or the painted shell?
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Rub the glass with some pure vinegar on a cloth or microfibre,that will remove the waterspots on the glass !

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              Are we discussing the glass side, or the painted shell?
              I didn't think of that.........

Are you talking about the glass itself or the outer painted shell?

Andy
              Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I assume he means the glass itself because he tried to remove the waterspots with Glass Concentrate,you would'nt use that on laquer would you ?

Comment

I'd try a little chrome polish.
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');