• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Introduces Wraptivo Designer Car Wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meguiar's Introduces Wraptivo Designer Car Wraps

Need some good Meguiars logos made perhaps....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've always wanted to do a flat black paint job on a Euro...

This type of product is going to be excellent. Obviously it's going to be cheaper than a repaint, and you can always go back or get a new color.

Iirc 3M (and/or another similar company) has already done something like this for quite some time. What makes wraptivo more appealing?

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
        What makes wraptivo more appealing?
        I'm hoping it's marketed to the end user, not the pro shop. Which should make obtaining the wrap more affordable for the average Joe.

Comment

I recently had some large pieces of glass fall onto my hood leaving some nice damage......don't ask how! I was already thinking of having some vinyl put onto my hood. How would I go about getting some quotes?
          www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

ATM, I am putting off re-painting my car for a myriad of reasons, I would love to do something like this so my car is car show ready for ~1 year until I have made up my mind as to what I intend to do with it as far as paint.

My main question is: how easy to remove if I wake up one day and no longer want it?
            James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
            Calais Auto Detailing
            CalaisDetails@aim.com
            www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

this would be a great idea if lets say i had a trailer for detailing. id be all over it, nothing like a rolling bill board.. on my personal car i wouldnt put anything on there. id do it in a second on my gf car tho!

this is a great idea for those looking to advertise. who knows maybe ill get my tailgate wrapped and make it look like a massive business card. and have regular business cards that look the same way to hand out!
              - Markito -

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
                Well if your clear coat is failing this might be an interesting approach, No?
                Very interesting Jim. That didn't occur to me either and it seems very appropriate. Thanks.
                -Scott

Comment

This is a very cool idea. I would love to put a flat black cover on my Vue. I think it would look mean. This way I wouldn't have to paint the car.

Comment

Although vehicle wraps are already available, I think this is going to make it more accessible to the majority of people who didn't know where to get it before. I did notice this in the FAQ and it sounded a little odd to me, just though I would let you guys know incase you wanted to change it.

"A whole car will approximately take about 8 hours." approximately and about seemed redundant. Otherwise, cool idea!
                    Schotography

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post
                      Got any more pictures?

I'm not sure I understand what this is yet. Sounds like a giant decal?
                      That's what it pretty much is. I have seen the auto wrap before. It looks great. The only that I have concern for is about washing on it.

Comment

There is a company in here in Alberta that does full wraps. Not cheap at all. I was quoted between 5 and 7 grand for a custom wrap on my Charger. I passed.
                        I don't understand why Meguiars would want to "cover" vehicles with a wrap. Getting out of polishes and waxes? I doubt it. Kinda like a gas company comming up with a car that does'nt need gas. I don't understand why they would even want this product.
                        Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
                        "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

I have read all the replies. Seen a couple of cars here locally with wraps.

I also have to ask, Why?

As for covering clear coat failure, How would the wrap fill in the uneven surface that the peeling clear coat has?

Again, I have to ask, Why?
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

The way of the future?

Automotive finishes of stretch and/or shrink to fit plastic film instead of spray applied liquid coatings(paint). No overspray or VOC's, consistent coating thickness, less dry time before handling, no orange peel or runs, less equipment clean up and maintenance, etc.

Interesting.
                            I saw it on the Internet...it must be true!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
                              Wraptivo allows consumers to modify their cars in an interchangeable and fun way, without the commitment and cost of full body paint. Dull vehicles are transformed into bold personalized creations with Wraptivo's safe, thin adhesive-backed film in as little as 4-8 hours. A limitless palette of customization opportunities, including personal photos, licensed logos and patterns, exist through a state-of-the-art Customizer accessible online. For the first time, Wraptivo will provide the US automotive consumer with the ability to choose textured finishes, such as chrome, carbon and matte.

Wraptivo's Customizer provides individuals with the ability to have absolute creative control to configure and modify the outside shell of their car, ultimately producing a four-wheeled work of art from the privacy of their very own computer.

Meguiar's previewed this bold new technology during the 2009 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show by showcasing a Scion xB and a 2009 Mustang wrapped in different-themed Wraptivo skins each day. At the Wraptivo booth we also showed the online customizer that allowed attendees to design, produce and share their own Wraptivo designer car wraps with friends.

Meguiar's Wraptivo is not for consumers who believe a vehicle is simply a mode of transportation, but rather for those who view their car as an extension of individual style. This product gives fans of racing, fashion, sports or pop culture a platform to showcase and show off their interests and personalities on any and all parts of their ride. "From the mild to the wild, anything is possible with Wraptivo," said automotive stylist and Wraptivo spokesperson, RJ de Vera.

De Vera adds, "Our goal at SEMA was to give our audience a sneak peek into something progressive, fresh, and exciting in the automotive world. Consumers now have the ultimate tool to let their minds create limitless customization. Who needs anything typical or run-of-the-mill when you can let your imagination run wild on your hood, truck or roof? With Wraptivo, you can be as understated or loud as you wish, separating yourself from your neighbors and everyone else at a red light."

Below are a few images taken at the Wraptivo booth during SEMA and just a couple examples of what the online customizer will be able to show.

Wraptivo is still in its infancy but we thought you might be interested in seeing what we've got planned for the future.

For more information and to join the mailing list, visit www.wraptivo.com/

I like this stye of wrap on this white mustang with two black strips on the front hood and over the top and the back hood. What is the price to do a simular wrap on a white 2003 Crown Victoria?

*E-mail address removed. You can find Wraptivo on FaceBook and ask them directly, that is your best bet. -Mark Kleis
                              Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jan 3, 2011, 09:31 PM. Reason: No posting e-mail addresses before reaching 30 posts

Comment

Just to bump this...
                                Is the Wraptivo wrap 3M Di-NOC?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');