• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Latest on G110 Brush replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Latest on G110 Brush replacement?

I've got an out of warranty G110 and I miss this great machine (although, in the meantime, my chops with the rotary/foam pad have improved). This one has the one-brush-wearing-more-than-the-other syndrome.

I had both brushes out in less than five minutes, the job is very simple, consisting of one main screw and then two screws per brush. It would be a shame to have toss it over this simple remove/replace repair.

What's the prospect of a replacement brush kit? On a different solution possibility, does anyone know if electric motor brush material can be machined?

Re: What's the Latest on G110 Brush replacement?

Do you have an old hardware store in your area?

Our local Ace hardware has drawers upon drawers of stuff and in that stuff are a drawer full of brushes for various machines. They come in various sizes. You may find a set for your G110 in there.....

I have ground the brushes for my Harbor Freight rotary as the brush wasn't wearing evenly and I had plenty of material left and I hit it on my finest grinding wheel and ground them straight again and re-installed and good to go since then.....But, try at your own risk.....
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');