• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Question: Any Megs Spray-Wax suitable as a Spray-And-Dry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Question: Any Megs Spray-Wax suitable as a Spray-And-Dry ?

I saw this question asked of Meguiars a few times a couple of months ago, but did not see any answer. The recent thread about "Washing+Waxing too much" really got me wondering about this yet again, and I would really like to know the answer.

I suspect NO member of this forum washes their car and then lets it stand to dry (and possibly get water spots, even with hydrophobic shedding). Almost certainly we all wipe our cars down (with a nice microfibre).

Probably quite a few of us then apply a booster spray-wax, some folks using Meguiars recommendation of spraying onto an applicator and applying to car that way (rather than just spraying onto panels). Then, yet another wipe-down to remove any excess.

That means wash plus 2or3 separate activities "rubbing" the surface and 2or3 times the possibly of introducing micro swirls/scratches/etc (no matter how careful you are). And of course that also means 2or3 more time required.

Some competitors market a "Spray-And-Dry" that supposedly just needs a spray onto a just-washed car and then a single wipe-down. As well as being a time-saver, it means less rubbing and less ingtroduction of micro-defects.

Now the question to Meguiars (or others to offer opinions): Which, if any, of the Megs Spray-Wax products is most suitable/efficient for use as a single-step post-wash Spray-And-Dry booster-wax? (with no messy side effect of smudging etc):
    - the older Spray-Wax
    - the newer NXT2.0 Spray-Wax
    - the latest Ultimate-Spray-Wax
    2010 XRS

Re: Old Question: Any Megs Spray-Wax suitable as a Spray-And-Dry ?

Well, you could use the Wasn'n'Wax product now.

I have dried with a QD spray before, could use UQD maybe.

But they generally dont recomend a wax on a wet surface.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I think the original quik wax says that you can apply it to a wet or dry surface.

Comment

I have seen a "Wash as you Dry" Eagle One product to which you are possibly referring at Auto Zone. I assumed it was competitive with Megs Quick Wax products but with a different name and looser application methods. My guess is you could use the Megs products the same way but it isn't recommended because it is not the best method, but I am not sure.

Personally, I don't want to have to wash my Chamois and Waffles more frequently or have a different set for drying with Wax.

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Well, you could use the Wasn'n'Wax product now
        I had not seen Ultimate Wash and Wax until I read this and looked it up. I have never even heard of such. Is this a good idea for enthusiast or is it kinda a casual-home-washer-guy type product?
        "The Dude Abides"

Comment

Well, I am sure it is a bit of a waste if you were to use a spray wax after it, or detail after it.

But I am sure it would work well for anyone, would see mto have potential as a mid-winter type product.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Although I haven't tried it myself, a few members have posted about using Ultimate Quik Wax. I believe Michael Stoops tested it and liked the results as well.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');