• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water magnets and water retention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water magnets and water retention

I have 4 gold Meguiars water magnets and another 4 blue water magnets made by another company. I can't remember the manufacturer of the off brand, but their products are commonly found at WalMart and auto parts stores. I bought mine for $3 each at Big Lots some time back.

Today I washed my all of my water magnets and noticed an interesting characteristic. All of my Megs water magnets were damp following the spin dry, but I could not wring any water from them. And all 4 of my off brand water magnets retained enough water that I was able to wring a few ounces of water from each.

So my question is this: Is water retention actually a positive characteristic for a water magnet? Especially since the main purpose of a wm is to draw water away from the surface of a painted surface?

Re: Water magnets and water retention

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
    I have 4 gold Meguiars water magnets and another 4 blue water magnets made by another company. I can't remember the manufacturer of the off brand, but their products are commonly found at WalMart and auto parts stores. I bought mine for $3 each at Big Lots some time back.

Today I washed my all of my water magnets and noticed an interesting characteristic. All of my Megs water magnets were damp following the spin dry, but I could not wring any water from them. And all 4 of my off brand water magnets retained enough water that I was able to wring a few ounces of water from each.

So my question is this: Is water retention actually a positive characteristic for a water magnet? Especially since the main purpose of a wm is to draw water away from the surface of a painted surface?
    Perhaps i am right to think that the Meguiars water magnets have larger (pores) to allow water in and out faster ?

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');