• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate compound question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate compound question...

Will UC with a cutting pad finish well enough to not have to use a finishing polish? If not, what finishing polish would you recommend that uses SMAT?

Thanks

Re: Ultimate compound question...

What are you working on?

UC with a cutting pad is very agressive. What has you jumping right to that?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      What are you working on?

UC with a cutting pad is very agressive. What has you jumping right to that?
      07 z06. Hard paint. Tried Swirl X with a white polishing pad and DA polisher. Didn't remove the swirls. Should I try Swirl X with a orange cutting pad before I buy UC? Or, try UC with a white polishing pad? Just trying to figure out my next step.

Comment

I do recall that the Vette's can be interesting to work on. I am sure someone who has worked on them will be best for advice, should be someone around here soon enough.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I get a lot of customers with newer vettes.
          The clearcoat on the newer vettes is notorious for being very hard and it does take a fairly aggressive product/pad combo to make corrections.
          If I have to do multi-step corrections on the newer vettes I'm almost always having to go with M105 with a LC Orange cutting pad so UC with a cutting pad sounds just right.
          The cutting pad though can leave some micro-marring so you would be best to follow up your UC/Cutting pad combo with something like M205 and a polishing pad (I use a LC white pad).
          What am I, fly-paper for morons?

Comment

Originally posted by BarryK View Post
            I get a lot of customers with newer vettes.
            The clearcoat on the newer vettes is notorious for being very hard and it does take a fairly aggressive product/pad combo to make corrections.
            If I have to do multi-step corrections on the newer vettes I'm almost always having to go with M105 with a LC Orange cutting pad so UC with a cutting pad sounds just right.
            The cutting pad though can leave some micro-marring so you would be best to follow up your UC/Cutting pad combo with something like M205 and a polishing pad (I use a LC white pad).
            Cool. I'll use UC/LC CCS orange, then follow with M205/LC CCS white pad. Is M105 more aggressive than UC?

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that M205 was designed to be used specifically with a rotary buffer?

Comment

Originally posted by HPaddict View Post
                I thought I read somewhere that M205 was designed to be used specifically with a rotary buffer?
                True, but due to the nature of M205, it also works great by DA...
                Mike Pennington
                Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                Meguiar's, Inc.
                800-854-8073
                mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Cool. I'll use UC/LC CCS orange, then follow with M205/LC CCS white pad. Is M105 more aggressive than UC?
                  yes, M105 is more aggressive than UC but UC should be aggressive enough for your vette

M205 is compatible with a DA
                  What am I, fly-paper for morons?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');