• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acura-CL at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike,

Can you describe the Deep Crystal Polish in comparison to Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze?

I used #7 and was very pleased but I'm wondering if the Deep Crystal might be better on a red, single stage painted car.

Thanks, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wblynch
      Hi Mike,

Can you describe the Deep Crystal Polish in comparison to Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze?

I used #7 and was very pleased but I'm wondering if the Deep Crystal might be better on a red, single stage painted car.

Thanks, Bill
      Hi Bill,

Meguiar's M07 Show Car Glaze is the richest in polishing oils of all Meguiar's polishes, it was formulated sometime in the 1930's, (I think, possibly earlier), for the single stage finishes around at that time. This would include, Shellac, Varnish, Lacquer and Enamel. All of these paints are very soft, very porous and very prone to deterioration without frequent polishing with a product like the #7. That said, #7 produces spectacular results on all painted finishes, however, it can be more difficult to work with on modern clear coat finishes which tend to be less porous and much harder.

Pure polishes like the Deep Crystal Polish and the M81 Hand Polish are also very rich in polishing oils like the M07, however they are formulated to produce stellar results and be easier to remove on clear coat finishes than the M07 Show Car Glaze.

One of the reasons we show and use the Deep Crystal Polish for a pure polish at every Saturday Detailing Class is because it performs excellent on any finish, single-stage and clear coat alike, and it's popularity makes it very easy to find at most auto parts stores.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Additional photos

I loaded up some of the photos I shot @ the detail last saturday:

Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

Acura-CL Sat Dec. 4th

Great presentation. Extremely informative. Exactly what I was looking for.

Cost me less than $300. Money well spent! Good deal on the PC.

With the Rolls, the Lexus LS400, and the M/B S400, I have a lot of upkeep. I'm delighted to obtain the right gear, the basic knowledge on how to use, and a source for my questions in the future.

If Mike could forward to me the website for the stainless steel metal polishing issues I would be much obliged. Those imbeciles at the body shop: taking off the duct tape residue with a paint scraper!

Good day. Good pizza. Good company. Thanks again.

Damon Swank

Comment

Re: Acura-CL Sat Dec. 4th

Originally posted by damonswank
            If Mike could forward to me the website for the stainless steel metal polishing issues I would be much obliged. Those imbeciles at the body shop: taking off the duct tape residue with a paint scraper!
            Thank you for the kind workds Damon,

Here's the link you're looking for...

Metal Polishing Discussion Forum

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike!

Pleasure as always
              Chopped 55 Suburban