• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honda Accord Rescued From 'Detailer'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Accord Rescued From 'Detailer'

I was supposed to detail this Honda Accord for a friends wedding but unfortunately I was out of the country at that time so he sent his car to a 'detailer' to get it polished for his wedding. I met up with him a few weeks later and this was the result... If I knew it was going to be this bad I would have cancelled my trip...

Why, why, why??? I asked. I was informed that this 'detailer' showed him some Meguiar's products which he 'used' so he thought it should be ok. If this was a cheap job, it would still be bad but this 'detailer' also charged him quite a bit of money to hack up his car. That goes to show, never judge a detailer by the products used or the prices charged. The best way is always from the work that the detailer has done before. To quote a very good detailer friend of mine, "Show me your work!".

So a date was set and the car was booked in for a correction of a correction.

After ONR wash and clay.

The owner in the background being educated on how to spot the damage.

Hood prepped for a 50/50.

There were some RIDS (Random Isolated Deep Scratches) and also some deep buffer scratches caused by the previous 'detailer'. I explained to the owner that since this is a daily driven vehicle and is parked outside most of the time that I would leave the deeper scratches and just correct the damage done by the previous 'detailer'.

I had expected the Honda paint to be very soft and started out with M205/W8006. After inspecting the work, this wasn't aggressive enough and I ended up using M105/Solo Burgundy Wool followed by 2 passes of M205/W8006. This was quite puzzling as in my experience the Honda paints were very very soft. I asked the owner about this and he informed me that the front end was resprayed before.

The rest of the car was still the original paint and was corrected with M205/W8006.

Uncorrected.

Corrected.

Uncorrected w/ flash.

Corrected w/ flash.

Corrected w/ halogen.

More shots with the halogen light.

50/50.

The owner holding the light.

Hood completed.

50/50 on the front fender.

The other fender. Before.

After.

Rear C-Pillar. Before.

Trunk. Before.

After working in M205.

50/50.

Completed.

LSP was NXT 2.0. Sealed with Opti-Seal.

Nice clarity and shine.

From this.

To this.

= One happy owner.

Thanks for looking. As always comments and feedback are most welcome.
    Detailing blog: prodetailing.blogspot.com
    Everything else: theseech.blogspot.com

Re: Honda Accord Rescued From 'Detailer'

Nice work!
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Thanks Tuck!!!

Comment

Nice rescue on that one!!!!

Andy M.
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Great save. The Honda looks great. Way to go.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

woow nice work on the honda... was i the only one that noticed the bunch of stickers on the front winshield?
            Nelson Zapata - Advance Detail - Detailing and Auto Reconditioning in Santiago Chile.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments. The stickers??? Its actually quite common over here. Various clubs etc. have their own stickers for parking.... can also act as a sunshade...

Comment

Great recovery!!! That was quite a hack job but you turned it around and made it nice and crisp again.
                Tracy
                765-413-7547
                Autobritedetailing@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Autobrite View Post
                  Great recovery!!! That was quite a hack job but you turned it around and made it nice and crisp again.
                  Thanks Tracy. I was shocked at how bad the damage was. To make it worse the 'detailer' charged him quite a bit of money to hack up his ride.

Comment

Nice work ! It goes to show that it is not only the products but the guy behind them that matters.

Comment

Looking at the before pics it amazes me at how much damage you can do with a rotary. I mean I've been using a rotary my whole life and never did as much damage lol.

Comment

Whoo, what a mess! Nice comeback!
                        Shane
                        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by dave_from_here View Post
                          Looking at the before pics it amazes me at how much damage you can do with a rotary. I mean I've been using a rotary my whole life and never did as much damage lol.
                          Yeah. You would really have to hack it up to cause such damage. It looked like the 'detailer' had used a wool pad for the entire car. The worst thing was the pad was probably dirty and you could see these circular scratches throughout the car.

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                          Whoo, what a mess! Nice comeback!
                          Thansk CieraSL.

Comment

Nice work seech!

I assume you dressed the tyres for him as well? They look pretty awful in the pics lol.
                            Originally posted by Blueline
                            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Did you friend not notice once the car was "done" what the damage was? :thumbups: for being a good friend.
                              Schotography

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');