• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1954 Mercedes 4 Door Hardtop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1954 Mercedes 4 Door Hardtop...

I still wish I could have been there. I know you guys had a great time and that MB came out very nice.
    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
    Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Wow two shots of the van! So fricken' irritated I was unable to make it up there.
      Michael

Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Those are some nice reflection shots. You guys did an amazing job. I wish I could have been there to watch, that way I could have learned somethings.

Comment

Great job, Nick. I have been looking for the pictures. I really enjoyed the class, hope my black '96 4runner can look this good. Was this original paint? Was it clear coat? Did you do under the hood? Was it all rotary?

Comment

I must say, this car was definitely not easy to work on. The swirls on the sides were deep and the paint was quite hard. I only polished out a few sections, but it still took forever. It must have taken a few days to polish this out to perfection.

The paint thickness was all over the map. For example, the first pic is measured near the front of the hood, while the next is near the front window. Other parts of the car measured 30mils and some maxed out my gauge. It was pretty obvious that there was body filler everywhere.

It was great to work this group of hardworking guys. Unfortunately, I had to cut out early and catch my flight home.

Thanks for giving us the chance to work on this unique car, Nick!
            Chris
            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
              It must have taken a few days to polish this out to perfection.
              Try a month! You guys did an amazing job at restoring this beauty(inside and out), but there were many, many things that just could not be completed in a single day. After everyone left, I spent all my free time bringing this thing up to par, and working out all the small details. I spend a good solid month on this car after the detail day on it. But I enjoyed every secend of it! Really liked working on this car.

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
              Thanks for giving us the chance to work on this unique car, Nick!
              Thank you guys for coming! The reason I put this thing together is we spend years and years chatting over the net, giving advice and listening to each others stories but we never get the chance to actually meet or work together in person. I figured it would be awesome to finally get together you guys. So I put this deal together so we could finally work together, and get to know one another IN PERSON! It worked out great, and I was very honored to have you guys attend! So thank you sir!
              2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
              2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
              2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
              2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

wow... nothing but sparkles in my eyes...
                Ganesa,
                Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Great car, amazing job, and nice camera!
                  www.idetailautopros.com
                  iDetail Professional Automotive Detailing

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');