• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

little green machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little green machine

I'm looking into purchasing a little green machine. I see there are a few different models. Could someone give their feedback on this unit, also, which model is best for auto interior care. Thanks
    There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Re: little green machine

I don't see a difference between the Pro Heat and Pro Heat Auto, besides price. I found a refurb for around $55 with a google search. Some people like them, some don't.
    -Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by ziggo99 View Post
      I don't see a difference between the Pro Heat and Pro Heat Auto, besides price. I found a refurb for around $55 with a google search. Some people like them, some don't.
      Now that I searched this site using LGM instead of the full name, I have found lots of posts on this. Really seems to be no definite answer to the quality of this machine. Very mixed reviews.
      There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

I'm a proud owner. It's get the jobs done, I have the proheat with is good. I do my interior with it and my mats. Just have separate brush for it.
        '06 Honda Civic LX Coupe "Galaxy Gray"

Comment

I use the pro heat version. I like it a lot. Does a good job for me.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I used my wife's regualr LGM on her upholstery and the resutls were mixed for me. The mats and upholstery did clean up somewhat, but getting a feel for this machine was tricky. By that I mean knowing how much solution to use and learning how to aim the srpayer head so as to get the areas you're trying to clean.

I was not overly impressed with the suction power of the machine. I feel that it left too much behind and the seats were way too wet for me. Now, I admit that part of that could stem from the fact that this is the first (and only) time I'd used the machine.

If you decide to go this route, I would suggest using a separate spray bottle for your cleaner and simply using the LGM to draw up the water as you will have more control over the spray this way.

As a second option, if you have not yet made your purchase, check out the Rigid wet/dry vacs at Home Depot. They have a compact 5HP model that is supposed to do a great job on upholstery and carpet. I just bought one yesterday and have not had a chance to use it for upholstery yet but based on the pictures I've seen of people's work who use the 5hp for this purpose, I am excited about the prospects.

Comment

I guess using some APC, a brush and the wet/dry vac would work as I do have a rigid from Home Depot. I currently use a Bissel steamer vacuum, which is like an upright vacuum. It works pretty well. I just like the idea of one of these units that heat the water, just sounds like it would work a bit more effectively if the water was hot, not just warm from the tap. I just don't do enough cleaning to warrant spending $600 on a proffesional grade one. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I just like the idea of one of these units that heat the water, just sounds like it would work a bit more effectively if the water was hot, not just warm from the tap. I just don't do enough cleaning to warrant spending $600 on a proffesional grade one.
                One thing I am considering doing to solve the hot water problem is buying a plug in portable water heater. They are submersible and in theory one that gets hot enough could be put in a bucket of water while working the upholstery and would keep it warm/hot until you're done.

I've never actually tried this, but I have seen some of the heaters on ebay for $10-$20 and it seems like it might work well and want to give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by William_F View Post

If you decide to go this route, I would suggest using a separate spray bottle for your cleaner and simply using the LGM to draw up the water as you will have more control over the spray this way.
                  This is exactly what I do and it works perfect! Actually shampooed all of the carpet in my Jeep today using this method. I like to spray APC on everything and let that soak for a few min. Since my carpet is hardly ever dirty a light misting usually does fine. I like just to freshen up the interior on my Jeep and a good carpet shampoo always does just that. If there is an area that needs more attention Ill spray more APC on it and aggitate the area with a megs interior brush, then use the LGM to extract the dirt and such. I have the regular LGM(non pro heat) but I use HOT water from the tap so it doesnt matter. I always follow up with a good vacuum from my Shop Vac.

Its a great little unit for us shade tree detailers but on a larger scale its by all means not enough. Works great in the house also!
                  Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');