• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Cleaner Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Cleaner Research

Tire Cleaner Research

Meguiar's would like your feedback on the below question.

Question: If you use a tire cleaner to clean your tires, how often do you dress or apply some type of protectant to them after you've cleaned them?
    • 1) Always
      2) Sometimes
      3) Never

Thank you for your participation!

Mike
    Always
    61.73%
    Usually
    27.63%
    Never
    6.62%
    Sometimes
    4.03%
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Please add "Usually" to the list of choices.. "Sometimes" implies appathy. "Usually" at least shows that you're trying!

Comment

Originally posted by thejazzguy
      Please add "Usually" to the list of choices.. "Sometimes" implies appathy. "Usually" at least shows that you're trying!
      How's that?

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Open question:

What type of products have you used in the past to clean your tires?

Myself, I tend to use the car wash I'm using at the time, (Currently my favorite is NXT Car Wash), but in the past I have used All Purpose Cleaner Plus from Meguair's Detailer Line, and now it's replacement, All Purpose Cleaner.

Afterwards, I usually dress my tires if time isn't an issue.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

i usually just take some dish washing soap and clean my tires then i apply the dressing

Comment

Extra!

I usually use Meguiar's extra cleaner with a scrub brush and dress with Endurance or Hot Shine depending on how much time I have.

Comment

I use the car wash (NXT) to clean my tires and wheels and it works just fine. That way the wax is not removed from the wheels.

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I only use APC (10:1) to clean my tires/wheels, and no dressings. I like the natural flat black look on the tires.

Greetings

Comment

I use "Bleche-White". Soak the sidewall with it, dip a plastic bristled tire brush into first bucket of GC wash water, scrub tire. On the RWL's I spray them again with the "Bleche-White" and dip a thick bristled grill brush(stronger bristles than typical wire brush) and scrub the RWL's then rinse thorughly.

After emptying the first bucket, I wash the car then dry and spray on tire dressing. No-Touch works great for me. Lasts for a couple weeks.

Comment

Two products

I am NOT a fan of an all-in-one product (cleaner/dressing)
                    I used to use Bleche White before I knew better to clean the tires. Use stiff brush and rinse. Follow up with Endurance or 303 Aerospace.
                    Be Nice

Comment

Is there a drawback to "Bleche-White"?

Comment

I voted usually/"sometimes". It's a time issue if I don't.

My steps and products to wash
                        1. Soak tire and wheel well with Safe D-Greaser. If I run out then APC
                        2. Agitiate with brush dipped in NXT soap and water.
                        3. Use wash mit on rims.
                        4. Rinse

When I started this process early in the summer I too liked the flat no dressing look. Then I tried All Season Dressing. Now I make time for applying dressing!

Hyper Dressing, #40, and Endurance are all great products. I switched from Endurance to ASD because ASD is available in gallon size.

Mike, where's this going??

Comment

Most of the time I use what's available.
                          The products I found to work well are Spray Nine and Greased Lightning both are rather strong alkaline solvents so extreme caution is used when using this type of product near unprotected aluminum.

After the tire has dryed I use the Hot Tire Shine, This stuff seems to out last all others I have tried.
                          Rich
                          If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
                          DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

I like Eagle's A-Z Tire/Wheel Cleaner mainly for the fact that it is dual purpose. Nice to have one product that will handle both tasks and it's inexpensive as well. I love the look of Meg's #40 on my tires, but the durability is short lived. Great product though. It is my main choice for interior work.
                            "I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by kuhlguy71
                              Is there a drawback to "Bleche-White"?
                              I've used this in the past to clean white letters and white walls on tires. I've been told that it might stain some surfaces if it's over-sprayed onto these areas, things like wheels and brake calibers. Something to be careful of if you have custom wheels or aftermarket components.

Mike
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');