• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Cleaner Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't knw but I tried forever black onmy tires and it sucked a waste of money.
    "Washing for the People"

Comment

RamAirV1,

I'm guessing that the Goodyear Permablack is similar to Michelin's Durablack. My current BFGoodrich Traction T/A's tend to turn brown if not dressed, say biweekly. My experience with Michelin X-One's with Durablack was that the sidewalls tended NOT to turn brown. But they were just an unattractive "tire black" with no gloss. These tire additives seem to help prevent browning. But a good cleaning followed by a quality dressing is still needed for both. So the benefit to the Dura/Permablack is minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss_429
        Mike, is Meguiar's keeping Extra? I really liked the stuff on tires. I wish it was available in gallons.
        I thought this product was discontinued but I noticed it's still for sale on Meguiar.com

EXTRA All Surface Cleaner

If you get a chance, give this new product a try,

NXT Generation Tire Cleaner

The foaming bubbles help the product to cling to the tire surface instead of running off the tire giving the product good dwell time to allow the product to work on the surface while giving you time to scrub the tire. A great combination is this new tire cleaner together with Meguiar's new Versa-Angle Tire Brush .

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          I thought this product was discontinued but I noticed it's still for sale on Meguiar.com

EXTRA All Surface Cleaner

If you get a chance, give this new product a try,

NXT Generation Tire Cleaner

The foaming bubbles help the product to cling to the tire surface instead of running off the tire giving the product good dwell time to allow the product to work on the surface while giving you time to scrub the tire.
          Mike,

Yep, I was surprised to see the EXTRA still around????????

I'll have to give the NXT Tire Cleaner a try. After trying Citri-Gel, I certainly do like products that "cling" to the tire with some "dwell" time and loosen up the dirt and stuff. They also gives you better control over application of the product which helps minimize removing as much protective coating from the wheels.
          Boss_429

Comment

If you can get your hands on Meg's Wheel Brightener it is one of the best wheel cleaners available.
            "Washing for the People"

Comment

I found the Insane Shine and the tire brush locally, but not the tire cleaner.

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I too have not seen the tire cleaner in local stores. Oh well, ill be ordering from you guys anyways.

Comment

Tire Cleaner Research

When washing my cal I always clean my tires with the NXT Car Wash Soap. It works very well, and once I'm finished I use the Meguiar's Hot-Rod Tire spray. This keeps my tires black (w/low gloss) until the next washing.
                  Wash, Polish, Wax...Just Do IT!

Comment

If Meguiar's is interested in a tire and wheel cleaner ( I assume reserved only for the pro product lineup, but may be not) I think something with a neutral pH --like both Mother's and the new Michelin branded product has, as well as an endorsement by a major tire company ( Michelin Tire and Wheel Cleaner has) are very attractive features. This will communicate a reassuring sense of safety for the consumer interested in selecting such a product.

If it were to be a product in the pro lineup, definitely make it available by the gallon, that would be a big advantage over the the other two above.
                    my product collection-- New !
                    My Detailing Credo
                    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

The best tire cleaner I've ever used is the purple alkaline cleaner from Advance Auto. This stuff is very strong, so be careful around uncoated wheels!

With that said, even the purple stuff cleaner is not perfect.

I had to use it several times on some dirty tires, and the dirt was still there to a certain extent. Seemed that every time I would respray the product, a little more dirt would run off.

I've found this to be true even with Citri-Gel, APC+, Extra....Just to name a few that I've tried. I like these products, it's just that tires seem to be the hardest thing to get clean for me.

After applying Natural Shine, Endurance, or Hot Shine in the trigger bottle (My current favorite), the tires look pretty good, with no visible dirt showing.
                      r. b.

Comment

I use APC diluted 10:1 for my wheels.

Greg
                        Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

I think that a lot of that brown stuff we think is dirt, is actually the anti-ozonants coming to the surface of the tire. It may not even be desirable to remove all of them if it is even possible. Maybe it's better to just clean the tire once and then apply your favorite tire dressing. My favorite is the Insane Shine. I like the high shine look on F-bodies, 'Vettes, and of course GTOs.

RamAirV1
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                            I think that a lot of that brown stuff we think is dirt, is actually the anti-ozonants coming to the surface of the tire. It may not even be desirable to remove all of them if it is even possible. Maybe it's better to just clean the tire once and then apply your favorite tire dressing. My favorite is the Insane Shine. I like the high shine look on F-bodies, 'Vettes, and of course GTOs.

RamAirV1
                            Would anti-ozonants look like runny dirt after applying the tire cleaner?

I usually see a lot of runny, dirty looking stuff after 1 or 2 applications of the cleaner.
                            r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
                              Would anti-ozonants look like runny dirt after applying the tire cleaner?

I usually see a lot of runny, dirty looking stuff after 1 or 2 applications of the cleaner.
                              After 1 or 2 applications, it could be. Is the dirt brown? Brake dust and most other road film is black. OTOH I would not expect the anti-ozonants to be runny.

RamAirV1
                              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                                Is the dirt brown? Brake dust and most other road film is black. OTOH I would not expect the anti-ozonants to be runny.

RamAirV1
                                Yes, it's a dark, dirty brown looking.

I don't usually see the runny stuff after the 2nd application or so, unless the tire is really dirty.

Maybe I'm expecting the tire to be too clean.
                                r. b.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');