• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Cleaner Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I clean the tires with an old mit or sponge with my car wash, which is usually either Mother's California Gold or Gold Class. If the tires are really dirty, I will use a tire brush. Then I apply GC High Endurance Gel, which is a great tire dressing. I love the wet, high-gloss shine.
    Bama

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      I clean the tires with an old mit or sponge with my car wash, which is usually either Mother's California Gold or Gold Class. If the tires are really dirty, I will use a tire brush. Then I apply GC High Endurance Gel, which is a great tire dressing. I love the wet, high-gloss shine.
      Bama, have you tried other dressings ?....does the gel product have staying power ?...thanks...
      Bill Poirier
      West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD
        Bama, have you tried other dressings ?....does the gel product have staying power ?...thanks...
        I have tried a lot over the years - sprays, foams, gels, etc. I, like many others, like to experiment with different products. I have three different vehicles, and I have different combos for each. Meguiar's tire products are as good as anybody elses if not better. The regular gloss Endurance Tire Gel is probably going to be the product most people choose because you can control the gloss by multiple applications, imo. The high gloss is a little much for most people. Both products last longer than the sprays including Hotshine. However, if you wash weekly, the Hotshine (pump) is a good choice. You get more for your money with a pump than an aerosol. I haven't tried the NXT Insane Shine yet though. Heard good things about it. The Endurance gels work very well, but they can be messy. The gels are more durable than any sprays that I have used. To me the regular gloss Endurance tire gel would be my go to product if I had to choose just one.
        Bama

Comment

Aloha all,
          I think it's a cultural thing here in Hawaii (or maybe it's universal, I just dont' get to travel much) but people here like wet looking tires and highly polished wheels. I wanted to think I don't fall into that category but my roots were showing when I thought about what I currently use on my cars. On the Lightning and the STi I use the Insane Shine. On the Miata (when I had it) I used the Hot Shine. On the Pilot (the car that replaced the Miata) I'm planning on using the Endurance Gel since it's more of a "touch less / leave for a while" theme to it and I'm keeping to the low maintenance "mommy" thing there.

Comment

I use Super Degreaser cut 10:1 on my tires and you can see the dirt roll off the tire.

Comment

i use bleach white(sp) let it set for a bit then spray a little more and scrub with a brush. after washing the car i use whats left on the tires from the bucket. i then apply the endurance gel with eagle ones tire dressing pad. i think yall should make these type of appliers for the endurance gel. has the spot to apply and is curved to the tire.

i voted always

Comment

Originally posted by will20four
                i use bleach white(sp) let it set for a bit then spray a little more and scrub with a brush. after washing the car i use whats left on the tires from the bucket. i then apply the endurance gel with eagle ones tire dressing pad. i think yall should make these type of appliers for the endurance gel. has the spot to apply and is curved to the tire.

i voted always
                I use the same exact method on my wheels and tires as you. Seems to well for me also.

Comment

Currently I use Endurance to dress the tires, as far as cleaning them I use All Wheel Cleaner(G9524). It's pretty good at removing brake dust from the tires and I don't have to worry about overspray on the wheels as it is safe for them as intended.
                  Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Until I owned this car and attended the Meguiar's class I never cleaned the tires. Ever.

Now that I have a tire dressing (several actually) I do the tires every time I wash the car. I'm not sure how long it lasts, but at least the car looks really great right after I wash it. I have no idea if it effects the life of the tires in any way.
                    It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

I try to scrub them each time but find that since I dont put that many miles on my SS I do it everyother. I normally just use a medium brush and the leftover soapy water from washing the car. If you clean them regularly I dont see a real need for a job specific cleaner for tires.

I currently use Gold Class Endurance on my tires and find it to be the absolute best tire shine ever. Ive been using it for years. I was turned onto it years ago after a buddy told me how to avoid the problems that the sprays/foams create when there is any kind of wind present. You know what I mean.. when it gets on the paint you just busted your butt on to make look great. I used to hate that!
                      ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                      561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                      --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                      --

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86
                        i usually just take some dish washing soap and clean my tires then i apply the dressing
                        I do the same. I use dish detergent to clean the old stuff off, but I also sparingly spray on a little Simple Green to cut any extra leftover grease. Then I let it dry completly before applying a dressing. Although, I only apply dressing every other wash to give the tire a break from dressings.

Comment

I wash the wheels and tires at the same time..bucket of car wash soap and an old sheepskin mitt. I use a brush to hit the tires...just got the Meguiar's tire brush..can't wait to use it.

Comment

I wash my tires with a tire brush and the left over wash water from washing the wheels. I don't use anything special for cleaning the tires because I don't want anything to take the NXT wax of off the wheels since it makes them much easier to clean.

I spray on a bit of Armor All (don't want too much shine) and use a brush to evenly spread it around the tire. I only use it because I bought so much of it a long, long ... really long time ago (can't believe it hasn't gone bad), and I don't want to just toss it.

Comment

I usually put Endurance on my tires if I'm about to go out of town. I don't put it on if I'm parking the car b/c the dressing gets on my car cover and when I take the cover off, it rubs up against my paint.
                              2016 Focus ST

Comment

Voted usually. I scrub with APC when really dirty. If not just the car wash soap that I use is fine with a stiff brush. Then about every third time I use endurance, but if they need spiffed up a little, I will use #40. For customers all the time, unless they live on a dirt or gravel road, or driveway. It is endurance is the longest lasting that I have used so far, but is such a pain, and messy to apply. May have to give no touch another try.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');