• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Cleaner Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always dress my tires with Endurance high gloss gel, applied with a paint brush. Every time they get washed they get dressed.

Comment

to clean my tires I use to use Armor all tire spray. But now I use Meg's tire shine and an applicator pad.
      You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Re: Tire Cleaner Research

I usually add a tire dressing after cleaning them with APC. Unless I use some kind of areosol sprayer that cleans and dresses.
        Schotography

Comment

I always apply a dressing.

I wash the tires with the soapy solution or APC if they're really dirty and use a dressing afterwards. I tend to wipe the dressing off after a couple of minutes to get a somewhat more natural look on the tires.
          showroomglaze.net

Comment

I usually dress the tires every time I wash, if I have time. Used to use Armor All Extreme shine...switch to Endurance High Glass and I'm much happier. I apply it with a paint brush, gives a little more control vs. tire swipes, plus its more efficient I think, since you don't lose much product absorbing into the swipe.

Tire cleaner, I've been trying NXT Tire Cleaner, but I'm having some trouble getting them clean if they've been dressed in the last few weeks. The cleaner foams when it's sprayed onto the tire, but just sorta hangs there for a second and dissapates quickly...it doesn't cling and break down the dressing or any dirt, and I have to do two or three applications to get anything clean enough to re-dress. Almost went through a whole can of it so far, only cleaned the tires twice.

Any recomendations on a tire cleaner that can get dressing off too? I use the Versa Angle Tire Brush which I love, but even with the brush I can't get the NXT to get through it. I was wondering about APC, APC+, and Super Degreaser...any suggestions?
            2003 Matrix XRS *Sold*
            2002 Mustang GT
            2005 Subaru STi *coming this spring!*

Comment

80 percent of the time i clean my tires.i use car wash and the meguiars tire brush then tire and rubber dressing

Comment

I always dress after a wash.
                Born to be hated;Dying to be loved.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited...1967 Ford Mustang 5.0...2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Comment

I didnt vote because I sometimes do, and there is no option for sometimes, i think a option for sometimes should be added.

Comment

Originally posted by Thejoyofdriving View Post
                    I didnt vote because I sometimes do, and there is no option for sometimes, i think a option for sometimes should be added.
                    Good idea, now you can vote... we added "sometimes" to the options.
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I also use the car wash that I use, Gold class then I follow up with a dressing. I picked up a few cans of NXT tire spray cleaner but wasn't too thrilled with it. It kind of reminds me of glass cleaner.? I guess I just like car wash better.

Comment

I have used many of the products that have been talked about in this thread with good results. My father is a long-time user of bleach-white. IMO it works well to bring back the nice black natural look of tires but not worth using around high-end rims. For the most part my tires dont get real dirty, other than picking up dust and road grime. So I just buff them off with a clean cloth and then dress them. When they do need a cleaning, I use a very diluted mix of Super-Clean. Works extremely well. The reaason why I don't use it all the time because I have some reservation about its ability to dry out the rubber or possible cause damage to other surfaces.

Comment

I have used Bleach-white for whitewalls and blackwalls.
                            Also tried 409, and dishwashing detergent with a brush.
                            I don't really see a difference when done.

To finish I use armorall cut about 25% with water.
                            I wet thouroughly, going around the car doing each tire.
                            Second time around I wet again, then wipe off excess with part of an old towel to get off excess and shiny stuff.

The tires have a nice black satin sheen and look new when done.

PS- I hate the thick shiny sticky stuff on tires.
                            To me it looks stupid and it is dirty too!

Datsunscott

Comment

I use (ahem) Eagle One All tire/wheel cleaner for just the tires, it seems to foam up and dissolve the dressing immediately for a fresh coat.
                              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

After cleaning my Vogue whitewalls with Bleche-wite, I use a non Meguiar dressing on the whitewall and Hyper Dressing on the rest of the tire.......Works Great!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');